• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    That is the reason all OC is legal in VA except prohibited places.. Because there is no law prohibiting it.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    That is the reason all OC is legal in VA except prohibterd places.. Because there is no law prohibiting it.

Yes, as a rule, that is correct. It's legal unless a statute makes it illegal. Doesn't mean it is smart to OC and drink. I won't hunt with people who drink and hunt and I probably would leave the establishment as soon as I could if I saw someone OCing and drinking. Alcohol and guns don't mix, whether it is CC or OC.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Interview set up at Pikesville on Monday for both me and my wife. Same here, as with Freedom, the lady did not say that she was a trooper, only that the appointment was with her.

Application received by MSP on 3/9

RobSky

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Anne Arundel
    Perhaps someone thought of a new fishing hole?

If they start fishing among ex-wives, they should quickly find some real whoppers.

They have almost unlimited discretion to keep fishing until they find whatever they want to find. Let's see if others start fishing in that same hole.

thumbnail.aspx

Agreed, literally. Whoppers that is...:innocent0.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Interview set up at Pikesville on Monday for both me and my wife. Same here, as with Freedom, the lady did not say that she was a trooper, only that the appointment was with her.

Application received by MSP on 3/9

Is the reason it is for both you and your wife because you both applied or did they just want you to bring your wife so they can talk to her?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    While your at it you can tell the trooper they looks funny and smells bad and see how that helps you get your ccw...LOL

Sorry, just kidding. Could not help it.

You mean the question "do you know MD's laws?" :lol2:

That will start a conversation for sure :D

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Perhaps someone thought of a new fishing hole?

If they start fishing among ex-wives, they should quickly find some real whoppers.

They have almost unlimited discretion to keep fishing until they find whatever they want to find. Let's see if others start fishing in that same hole.

thumbnail.aspx

After meeting with the X they may say they can't give a ccw to anyone that would have that poor judgement to marry someone like that!

Mr H

Banana'd
    Back...

Had a professional, yet pleasantly chatty interview at Glen Burnie.

Pretty much the standard questions, but also included one about whether there were ever any ex-partee orders issued.

Other than that, no biggie. She's just doing fact-checking to send on to Licensing, makes no recommendations, etc.

As for the "Law Test", I gave her a confident "Yes, fairly well... I try to keep up on it", so she essentially passed by it just confirming a few of the highpoints.

"Do you know what you plan to carry?" I responded that I have several options, depending. The only other thing she wanted to know in that regard on that was if I owned all of them, and how I stored them.

For training, I went into my yoot, with my Grandfather's safety requirements, then listed my son's credentials (since he was the one who got me back into shooting and is quite qualified). As for formal training, I cited the MSP video, and the Utah course, and I planned to take [something like] the NRA Handgun course. She asked when that might be, had to tell her this summer, but no definite date.

We laughingly agreed that there are no real standards to define light, social, moderate in regard to drinking, so she decided "light" fit my description well. LOL

The "Why" came down for me to protecting my family, especially now that I'm a grandfather, and considering that we do travel a bit. I think she was trying to catch me in saying that I carried in MD (which I do not do illegally), but I defused that one pretty quick by moving into "out of state as well, which is why I maintain a Utah permit".

Asked me what my job was, how long there...

I did ask about the FBI check, and she stated that "everything is back". It seems (just my own math) that the interviews are not scheduled until it is ALL back. But, with the mass of applications (she was estimating north of 120 at "P" alone), I wouldn't use that as any measuring stick.

We did talk briefly about the apps that are being returned, and that at it is a direct answer to the "appeal" (her word, I stated "stay" and we moved along). She gave no opinion on the expected outcome. I did make a comment on that (which I won't go into here as I promised it was a "you me and the signpost" thing), but her reaction to it said volumes. Someone remind me after this is all said and done, and we'll see how it plays out.

She would not have been able to contact my wife this afternoon due to scheduling issues, so since the wife didn't have kids in her class today, I offered to ring her, to simplify things. They chatted (alcohol, domestic, any concern), and there was a giggle in there somewhere. The trooper appreciated my calling.

But, all in all, a good session, and no one got clapped in irons.

Hurry up and wait.

Last edited:

MDPrinter

Jan 4, 2012
    I got the call today to set up my interview. They said that I have to go to the Pikesville barracks to do the interview. They also verified my references but haven't called them yet.

The officer I spoke to today was very pleasant to talk to. Hopefully she will be just as pleasant when I meet her on Monday.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I got the call today to set up my interview. They said that I have to go to the Pikesville barracks to do the interview. They also verified my references but haven't called them yet.

The officer I spoke to today was very pleasant to talk to. Hopefully she will be just as pleasant when I meet her on Monday.

Ther is no "barracks" in Pikesville. You'll be going into the Devil's Lair at MSP Headquarters.

RobSky

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Anne Arundel
    I had interview in GB this morning. Similar questions, very polite trooper.
    I brought copies of current CCW permits from other states and additional training received. Trooper said that it helps and will include in the file. Trooper commented that some apps have little or no training. Trooper was swamped with investigations of apps with at least 40 to do.

The one question that I had trouble with and was taken aback was ex wife information. I am currently married, but I am divorced.
    Question: When was the last time I had contact with ex wife and what is her contact info? I told the trooper that I have had no contact with her in 12 years and that I have no contact information.

Thought last night of a few more questions that were asked:
    Question: Children and their ages? Yes Two and stated ages.
    Question: Taking any prescribed medications and for what? Inhaler for Asthma. That's all? Yes, that's all.

charlesmd

Mar 8, 2012
    Dont know if this is the right place but........Another reason for a handgun permit.....

4/16/2012
    Police Investigate Armed Robberies in Potomac

Detectives from the Montgomery County Police Major Crimes Division - Robbery Section are investigating two incidents in Potomac that are now believed to be related. In both incidents, vehicles were struck from behind by another vehicle while the victims were driving their vehicles on Jones Lane.

On April 3, at approximately 11:29 p.m., police received a call from a 49-year-old woman who’s Range Rover was struck from behind on Jones Lane near Turkey Foot Road. The woman did not stop when her vehicle was struck and immediately contacted police. Upon seeing that the woman was on the phone, the striking vehicle made an immediate U-turn and drove away.

On April 14, at approximately 3:12 a.m., police received a call from a 58-year-old male who’s Volvo was struck from behind on Jones Lane near Carry Back Drive. The male victim told police that at approximately 12:20 a.m. his vehicle was struck from behind. When he stopped and exited his vehicle to speak with the driver of the striking vehicle, he was confronted by two masked men. The men were armed with a long gun and a knife.

The victim was knocked to the ground by the suspects, his ankles and wrists were duct taped together, and he was forced into the trunk of his vehicle. The suspects then drove his vehicle with him in the trunk to several ATM locations where money was obtained from the victim’s bank accounts.

After approximately one hour, the suspects drove the victim’s vehicle to the Poplar Grove Baptist Church located at 14625 Jones Lane. In the church parking lot, the suspects released the victim, who then returned home and contacted police. The victim suffered injuries that required medical attention. He was treated at and released from a local hospital.

The suspect vehicle involved in both incidents is described as a white or light-colored truck or SUV with Maryland tags. There is no additional suspect information.

Police are asking that anyone who was in the area of Jones Lane and Carry Back Drive between approximately 12:15 a.m. and 12:30 a.m. on April 14 and may have witnessed any part of this incident to contact detectives at 240-773-5070. Also, anyone who may have any information about the suspects or the suspect vehicle involved in these incidents is also asked to contact police.

Police are advising motorists to immediately contact police if they are involved in a minor collision. The motorist should advise police that they have been involved in a collision and that they are driving to a public and well-lit area for their safety. Motorists should continue driving to a well-lit, safe location to await police response.

# # #

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom