• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    When I went to Greentop today they had a bunch of 1lb bottles of Superformance powders in stock so I picked up a bottle. From what I've been reading it's a slow burning powder that is supposed to get 200-300 fps more speed without raising pressure in your reloads. I'll need to snag a new Hornady reloading manual now since the powder isn't listed in the two manuals I have. I hope to get about 2750 fps out of my 30-06 with 165gr bullets. Should be interesting.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Nice in the shiort term. Tell me what you need and I can shoot you pics out of my manual?

HogCommander

Aug 10, 2013
    Texas Hill Country
    I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on this powder once you've tried it. I usually use Varget and BLC-2 but can't find them at the moment. Almost bought an 8lb jug of Superformance online the other day but decided to hold out for powders I already have loads for. If the wait gets too long and Superformance remains available, may just have to give it a try.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    They had three bottles of Varget and a lot more bottles of BL-C(2) at Greentop, I almost snagged some but I am using other powders. And finding new powders to try out is always a nice challenge.

peace

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2011
    AACo
    Superperformance powder and the superperformance loaded ammo from Hornady are not one in the same, it even says on the box/website that the loaded ammo is a proprietary blend. With that said you should have good results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom