• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sewer Rat

Ultimate Member
    Mossbergs are utilitarian, no frills shotguns... but dam do they shoot. The perfect shotgun for the beginner or everyman... I love my 695, and my first shotgun was an 395 (still have it, still shoots), good buddy still has his pump action from 30 yrs ago. Nothing wrong with Mossbergs.

As been said before, the Robertson's are not dumbies and are actually good for our sport as opposed to Ted Nugent, whom I am sure some are going to say isnt a sell-out

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    950 for a 935? willie can take that gun and shove it up his ass!!!! almost a thousand dollars for a budget gun with a dip job on it you can do yourself with a 30 dollar kit.....pffffft

$950 for the Duck Dynasty Mossberg, now that there is priceless. lol Guess Mossberg is trying to compete with Beretta and Benelli on price point. lol Wonder if these guns are higher quality than the standard 935. About the only reason to buy a Mossberg is the much lower price point of the gun. Then again, some people really, really, really love Duck Dynasty from what I hear.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    The old ones shoot! The new ones are rickety peices of shit that jam and fall apart.
    Mossbergs are utilitarian, no frills shotguns... but dam do they shoot. The perfect shotgun for the beginner or everyman... I love my 695, and my first shotgun was an 395 (still have it, still shoots), good buddy still has his pump action from 30 yrs ago. Nothing wrong with Mossbergs.

As been said before, the Robertson's are not dumbies and are actually good for our sport as opposed to Ted Nugent, whom I am sure some are going to say isnt a sell-out

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD

+1

Killed a lot of critters with a mossberg 9200 auto loader, very reliable in cold,wet,mud,snow etc. I love the position of the safety, so handy when popping up from a blind.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    God & Guns

CNN.com ... of all places -
    "Duck Dynasty" launches its own line of guns

The gunmaker Mossberg has teamed with Duck Commander, the company owned by "Duck Dynasty's" Robertson clan, to release nine different shotguns, as well as two semiautomatic rifles and a semiautomatic pistol.

The pistol and one of the rifles have military-style designs with large capacity magazines holding at least 25 rounds. The rifle has some of the features of an assault rifle, but with a relatively low .22 caliber.

Mossberg's Web site says its .22-caliber pistol is "perfect for small game, plinking, target shooting -- or clearing cottonmouths out of your duck blind."

Of course CNN had to put their own editorial twist of the anti-gun knife calling the 'relatively low .22 caliber AR 'military-style with a large capacity magazine'.

If you watch the video, have a barf bag close by. The commentator has such disdain for guns that it comes out even with his dry reporting.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    $950 for the Duck Dynasty Mossberg, now that there is priceless. lol Guess Mossberg is trying to compete with Beretta and Benelli on price point. lol Wonder if these guns are higher quality than the standard 935. About the only reason to buy a Mossberg is the much lower price point of the gun. Then again, some people really, really, really love Duck Dynasty from what I hear.

They'll probably have buyers... People just assume more $ = more value.

Like the guy I saw at Dick's the other day who was looking at a Benelli SBEII for $1700. I heard him tell the guy behind the counter that it was going to be his first shotgun.

I pointed out to him that the Remington Versamax next to it for $1000 had the exact same action, to the point of parts interchangeability. He picked that up and says...No that SBE feels much better to me. LOL. If I'd have blind folded the guy, he'd have never been able to tell the difference.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009

Like the guy I saw at Dick's the other day who was looking at a Benelli SBEII for $1700. I heard him tell the guy behind the counter that it was going to be his first shotgun.

I pointed out to him that the Remington Versamax next to it for $1000 had the exact same action, to the point of parts interchangeability. He picked that up and says...No that SBE feels much better to me. LOL. If I'd have blind folded the guy, he'd have never been able to tell the difference.

I had no idea that the Versamax was inertia driven and it used the exact same components.

Just went and looked at the schematic, and while it looks like the SBE bolt, etc., it is a gas gun and the bolt does NOT have the inertia spring in it. Definitely not the same exact gun. What you should have done was talked the guy into the Super Vinci. That gun does not use a buffer spring in the buttstock like so many other guns use. It has the buffer spring to the side of the bolt. That is the only reason I could possibly justify buying the Super Vinci to replace my SBE. Thing is, it isn't worth spending $1,700 so I don't have to clean the buffer tube and buffer spring every five (5) years or so. Only had to do it twice in the 16 yeas I have owned the gun and most of the problem is from crappy, un-burned powder from the magnum loads.

iggy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 26, 2013
    isn't the bottom line benelli like 1000 bucks? Now who thinks a shotgun is worth 1000 bucks? Im not speaking negatively, just curious

My Beretta xtrema was worth every penny. Its dependable, durable, corrosion resistant, and it shoots everything from the lightest to the heaviest loads with no adjustments.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    The versamax is a staged port gas system. you lied to the guy!

I had no idea that the Versamax was inertia driven and it used the exact same components.

Just went and looked at the schematic, and while it looks like the SBE bolt, etc., it is a gas gun and the bolt does NOT have the inertia spring in it. Definitely not the same exact gun. What you should have done was talked the guy into the Super Vinci. That gun does not use a buffer spring in the buttstock like so many other guns use. It has the buffer spring to the side of the bolt. That is the only reason I could possibly justify buying the Super Vinci to replace my SBE. Thing is, it isn't worth spending $1,700 so I don't have to clean the buffer tube and buffer spring every five (5) years or so. Only had to do it twice in the 16 yeas I have owned the gun and most of the problem is from crappy, un-burned powder from the magnum loads.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    The versamax is a staged port gas system. you lied to the guy!

I stand corrected. However I know the lifter is actually interchangeable and I'm pretty sure the trigger pack as well. I ASS-U-MEd the action was also.

And either way, my versamax is a seriously light recoiling gun. And not knocking the Benelli, but after shooting a Versamax, I don't see the $700 value.

So my actual facts may have been wrong. My conclusion IMO was still solid :lol2:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I refuse to ever buy a goddamn thing with duck dynasty on it. I'm so sick of seeing it plastered on EVERYTHING. IMO they have gone too far and have gotten to the point of being annoying.

This in a nutshell.

I've never understood America's fascination with handing over hard earned money for an over priced item simply because someone has their name and face plastered all over it.

It's the same with people getting their self esteem from the label/logo on a Starbucks coffee cup.

As for a camo'ed firearm, Wal-Mart has camo paint for 6 bucks a can. 24 bucks and your done.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    I was tossing up a versamax myself, felt better to me than the BE2. Always shot 1100's and 11-87's so it fit a little better for me. remington left a bad taste in my mouth though just this week and may have lost my money. looking at an SX3 now.
    I stand corrected. However I know the lifter is actually interchangeable and I'm pretty sure the trigger pack as well. I ASS-U-MEd the action was also.

And either way, my versamax is a seriously light recoiling gun. And not knocking the Benelli, but after shooting a Versamax, I don't see the $700 value.

So my actual facts may have been wrong. My conclusion IMO was still solid :lol2:

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    This in a nutshell.

I've never understood America's fascination with handing over hard earned money for an over priced item simply because someone has their name a face plastered all over it.

It's the same with people getting their self esteem from the label/logo on a Starbucks coffee cup.

As for a camo'ed firearm, Wal-Mart has camo paint for 6 bucks a can. 24 bucks and your done.
    you can buy the dip kit for almost that!

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    isn't the bottom line benelli like 1000 bucks? Now who thinks a shotgun is worth 1000 bucks? Im not speaking negatively, just curious

I paid $1,050 for my Benelli SBE back in 1997 and would spend that again and more because of inflation. Spent $4,000 on a Beretta 682. All depends on what you like. The ultimate shotgun I want is $40k, but that would be an art piece.

Spent something like $1,200 on my Beretta 391 Teknys. Don't think there is a single shotgun out there on my want list that is less than $1,500 nowadays.

Benelli M4
    Benelli M2
    Benelli Super Sport
    Benelli Super Vinci (if the Benelli SBE ever breaks)
    Beretta SO6

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    This in a nutshell.

I've never understood America's fascination with handing over hard earned money for an over priced item simply because someone has their name and face plastered all over it.

My guns are black and somehow I still kill plenty of animals. Must be leaving the smart animals for the guys with the camo guns.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I don't follow nor do I know much of Duck Dynasty. As far as I'm concerned, it's just another entertainment enterprise that's offering something to somebody willing to pay for it. After all this is America, and lots of people pay lots of money to see the Kardashians.

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    The Duck Dynasty people shot a Benelli ad long before they had a show on TV....

They were sponsored by Browning long before be Benelli even knew who they were. Benelli thew tons of cash at them when they started to go main stream to get them away from Browning. I have some old browning duck commander gear from back in the day.
    I enjoy the show, it's good for our cause but at the same time all the merchandise everywhere I turn is getting old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom