• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    My Chiappa M9-22 Review

ahem. I picked this baby up two months ago at the Dale City Gun Show, $281 OTD. It came with two magazines. I purchased two more a week or so after the purchase. I've taken said firearm to the range a grand total of 7 times, and have put close to 500 rounds downrange. I have yet to be able to run a full magazine through it without something going wrong. I've run CCI Minimags, Stingers, and Federal high velocity through it, as well as some Remington Golden solids and have had multiple failures to fire, feed, and eject. I kind of expected that with the Remingtons, but I've never had that happen with the CCI or Federal ammunition in my Rugers. I used Slip 2000 oil for lubrication, after I mistakenly used Slip 2000 grease on the rails. I'm going to burn another 100 Federal high velocity rounds through it before sending it back to Chiappa.

chiappam9_zps72c424e3.jpg

chiappam9-2_zpsd283cf40.jpg

Last edited:

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Trigger pull is decent. The finish is wearing away in the rails and along the edges. The rear sight slid out of its notch after the first 100 rounds, I had to get a hex wrench and fix it.

I realize I paid less than $300 for this pistol, so I'm not going to cry about scratches. If I can get it running reliably, I'll be happy, but it's not, so if this next run is bad, I'll be sending it back. I may get a .22 suppressor for it, but it has to be more than a 50% reliable before I'll consider it.

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.
    Seems to be a comon thing with these pistols. Mine is still in purgatory, but should be home in a week or so. I was thinking about cleaning it and working the slide bone dry by hand to break it in. I hear the turn around time from the manufacturer sucks.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    At least my Chiappa upper is 99% good. It took a lot of cycles to get it running right, but it works pretty good with CCI Minimags. Too bad I didn't stock up more on the CCIs.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Try Blazer thru it if you have any. I have a glock convesion and it only works ( and works flawless) with the blazer. everything else is a hit and miss.

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.
    Once again, I couldn't go through an entire magazine without a hitch. I'm sending the pistol and all four magazines back to Chiappa.

Any word from Chiappa? Mine came home a few weeks ago from ffl purgatory, and I cleaned it, work the slide a lot - really A LOT, disassembled, cleaned, and lubed. Dry fired, but didn't let the hammer drop(I need a 22 snap cap or fired shell). Seems to be ok, but still need range time to be sure. Seemed to fir fine with cheap bulk ammo used for the fired shell casing.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    The part that really gets me is they (Chiappa) say to use CCI Mini-mags for this to run properly, but I can never find them and my supply is getting really low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom