• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I just did my first AR build, the way I've always wanted one. Parts include; 18" mid-length SS spiral fluted barrel, with a 1/8 twist and Wylde chamber. A BCM upper receiver, a LRB lower, a diamondhead low profile gas block, a 13 1/2 inch diamondhead handgaurd, a PSA enhanced trigger, NiB bcg and charge handle, Magpul front and rear flip up sights, a Rogers Super Stock, a spikes lower parts kit (adding the enhanced trigger). The muzzle break, was from Amazon for about $17. As I stated, this is my first build. And, for the most part, it was pretty easy. The hardest part, is waiting for all the parts:innocent0
    image.jpg

Last edited:

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Nice rifle! Now after the class you'll realize you didn't assemble it correctly and have to take it apart and do it over. Lol. Where you get the barrel?

Nice and cool.

Where did you find the fluted barrel?

I got the barrel here...http://www.bayougunrunner.com/18-223-WYLDE-STAINLESS-STEEL-SPIRAL-FLUTED-AR-BARREL_p_328.html
    Memorial Day special, $130 It is manufactured by Bear Creek Arsenal.
    Very nice and you now know how it works and fits together. Beautiful rifle.

looks great!:party29:

Good job on your first one. Bet it won't be the last !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks fellas!

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Thanks for pointing out that the sights were backward. Beginner mistake:sad20: I went and fixed them, took another picture and posted it for you viewing pleasure! :lol2: looks much better this way:D

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    That comp is a 3-gun competition design. If you use it at a regular rifle range you are going to annoy the people on either side of you because it will be LOUD to them. Also they make those in stainless steel also which would look better on that nice barrel you have there. A normal muzzlebrake/flash hider is not as loud but also does not do a lot to reduce muzzle rise under fire. And how do I know all this? Because my first AR was a 3-gun build and I took it to Cresap to sight it in. I bought a complete upper from Stag, but less than 2 years later the only Stag part left was the fluted stainless barrel. Yours looks very nice. 18" barrels are normally associated with 3-gun competition. You don't see them much outside of that. In fact if I saw that rifle out of this forum I would assume the owner was shooting 3-gun in the Tactical Irons division.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    That comp is a 3-gun competition design. If you use it at a regular rifle range you are going to annoy the people on either side of you because it will be LOUD to them. Also they make those in stainless steel also which would look better on that nice barrel you have there. A normal muzzlebrake/flash hider is not as loud but also does not do a lot to reduce muzzle rise under fire. And how do I know all this? Because my first AR was a 3-gun build and I took it to Cresap to sight it in. I bought a complete upper from Stag, but less than 2 years later the only Stag part left was the fluted stainless barrel. Yours looks very nice. 18" barrels are normally associated with 3-gun competition. You don't see them much outside of that. In fact if I saw that rifle out of this forum I would assume the owner was shooting 3-gun in the Tactical Irons division.
    Actually, I am interested in getting into 3 gun competitions, eventually. I'm thinking a Glock 34 mos., next. I thought about the SS comp., but I like the contrast more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom