• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    MSI would like to invite its members to our scheduled meeting on January 10th at the ANNAPOLIS ELK’S Lodge #622 2 Pythian Dr. Edgewater, MD 21037

The Executive Members' meeting will begin promptly at 12:00 and end at 1:30. This will be followed by the general membership meeting with guest speaker and MSI EM Jack McCauley, retired Maryland State Police Captain and former Commander of the Firearms Licensing Division at MSP. This meeting will provide a platform for discussion of our annual 2A Tuesday Legislative Action Day and rally coming up on Feb. 10th and the planning involved followed by our guest speaker and his insight and experience of working in the firearms licensing division at MSP.

12:00 - 1:30 EM Meeting

1:30 - 4:00 General Membership meeting with Jack McCauley speaking followed by general discussion.

We hope that you will be able to join us. If you are not a member of MSI, please consider joining and come to the meeting.

Join MSI Now https://marylandshallissue.com/members/join-now

A new legislative session is coming fast and with new legislators taking office, MSI needs your support more than ever.

Directions to the meeting:

FROM WASHINGTON: ​
    Follow Rt. 50 East into Annapolis. Take Exit 22 (Aris T Allen Blvd.) and follow to your 2nd Exit which is Rt. 2 Solomon’s Island Rd. Follow exit and stay in the center lane until you reach the stoplight. Go straight thru the light until road forks and bear left into our parking lot.

FROM BAY BRIDGE:
    Follow Rt. 50 West into Annapolis. Take Exit 22 (Aris T Allen Blvd.) and follow to your 2nd Exit which is Rt. 2 Solomon’s Island Rd. Follow exit and stay in the center lane until you reach the stoplight. Go straight thru the light until road forks and bear left into our parking lot.

FROM BALTIMORE:
    Follow I-97 South towards Annapolis. As I-97 ends in Annapolis you will be now on Rt. 50 East. Take Exit 22 (Aris T Allen Blvd.) and follow to your 2nd Exit which is Rt. 2 Solomon’s Island Rd. Follow exit and stay in the center lane until you reach the stoplight. Go straight thru the light until road forks and bear left into our parking lot.

FROM CENTRAL AVE.
    Follow Central Ave. to Rt. 2 North towards Annapolis. Cross the South River bridge and follow for 1 mile. Just before Rt. 665(Aris T Allen Blvd.) you are going to make a right at the stoplight which is Grand Oak Dr. When the road forks, bear left into our parking lot.

Last edited:

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    Also, a note of thanks to all of MD Shooters. From the staff and Mods to all of the members who fight so hard and show so much support for our 2a rights here in Maryland. MSI could not continue this fight without you and your continued support. Thank you all so much for being the backbone of 2a in Maryland. :thumbsup:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    As much as I'd like to be there, Saturday's a no go for me.
    I look forward to the cliff notes ;)

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    There will also be a fundraising event at Chili's of Annapolis this day. Flyers will be available at the meeting, but if you go prior to the meeting, please print one of these and give to your server.

Attachments

• Maryland Shall Issue Flyer 12-17-14.pdf
      1.3 MB · Views: 181

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    We hope to see some of you this Saturday.

And then perhaps have an early dinner at Chili's of Annapolis to help raise funds for MSI.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    What time for Chilis? After the general member meeting, around 4pm?

I'll record the Ravens/Pats game incase we run overtime.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the EM meeting.

This is going to be a great year for Maryland and the Constitution.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Would anyone care to post a summary of the remarks, for those of us who had to work?

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Thanks... I hope so... I was kinda lookin' for a summary too... Had to work later than normal...

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Great meeting.

Summary of the meeting? (not really, but equally relevant today):

"This is actually a translation of a Latin phrase that Thomas Jefferson used: Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem. It has also been translated as, "I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude."

Here is the sentence in context:

"Societies exist under three forms sufficiently distinguishable. 1. Without government, as among our Indians. 2. Under governments wherein the will of every one has a just influence, as is the case in England in a slight degree, and in our states in a great one. 3. Under governments of force: as is the case in all other monarchies and in most of the other republics. To have an idea of the curse of existence under these last, they must be seen. It is a government of wolves over sheep. It is a problem, not clear in my mind, that the 1st. condition is not the best. But I believe it to be inconsistent with any great degree of population. The second state has a great deal of good in it. The mass of mankind under that enjoys a precious degree of liberty and happiness. It has it's evils too: the principal of which is the turbulence to which it is subject. But weigh this against the oppressions of monarchy, and it becomes nothing. Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem. Even this evil is productive of good. It prevents the degeneracy of government, and nourishes a general attention to the public affairs. I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical." - Jefferson to James Madison, January 30, 1787[1]

FOOTNOTES
    In PTJ, 11:92-3. Letterpress copy available online from the Library of Congress.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Everyone there should be glad I didn't attend and spread germs! Honestly you don't want to catch this stuff. Will watch form the video on MSI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom