• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I wish you the best, but I don't think the trooper's friendliness or demeanor really counts for much if anything. Good that you're realisitic about it.

I also had a good experience, trooper seemed sympathetic, cordial, etc. Others interviewed on background seemed to think the same thing. I don't know what the trooper's report said, but I was turned down and again on appeal, with a pretty decent case.

I am aware of that. That wan't my intended message by saying so.

BIGCHRISS197

Jul 4, 2013
    Comes down to the investigator, my first one was done at the Waterloo Baracks (Elkridge) in this dark closet of an office, he asked me a series of questions then sent me on my way. My second one was kind of comical, I hear nothing of my application for almost 6 months, then I wake up to a text message from an unknown number saying "this is sgt so-so with MSP, call me when you recieve this and reference carry permit." so I immediately call the number I received the text from and the investigator says ill be at the College Park barracks in 30 minutes can you meet me? So I head over to the bareacks, the investigator is in the parking, he brings me over to the back of his cruiser, asks me a few questions related to my application, shakes my hand and sends me on my way lol

Big Dog

Dec 16, 2012
    North East
    Mine was a long time ago in North East. Of course, like many I was denied and I applied for the review board a year and a half ago and never received a hearing....

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Mine was a long time ago in North East. Of course, like many I was denied and I applied for the review board a year and a half ago and never received a hearing....

It might still happen, I was formally denied not long ago. I had requested a formal almost two years ago. Oh how slow the wheels turn...

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    That's nice, I've heard of a few people who appealed and never heard a peep. Real fair.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland

When I was denied, I applied for the review board. Over a year went by before I got a letter from the review board saying that my case was heard and I was denied again.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I was called at home by Trooper to set up in person interview. Phone call was short and sweet. Interview was about 20 minutes at Glen Burnie Barracks with Trooper in plain clothes. GB barracks is closest barracks to me.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Maybe if Realtors started calling for police to check every suspicious building before they enter they might change their mind. If the professional real estate associations would put some pressure on politicians, they support many of them, it might also loosen thing up at least for those in the business. We need to push all the buttons available.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Maybe if Realtors started calling for police to check every suspicious building before they enter they might change their mind. If the professional real estate associations would put some pressure on politicians, they support many of them, it might also loosen thing up at least for those in the business. We need to push all the buttons available.

I wish. Trying to get real estate professionals to take a steadfast stand on something publicly is like trying to run while holding water in your hands. You'll get a few, but the majority will be gone when you turn around. They are all afraid of offending someone and having their business affected by it.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    I had my interview at the Aberdeen Park-n-Ride on US40.

It was either drive to Golden Ring, or Drive to Elkton, so I asked the Trooper (probably the same one I spoke with) if we could meet halfway somewhere, since I work a regular 9-5 on top of my small business. He picked the place, and it was very quick, took less than 30 minutes.

If you want to talk about it, PM me, more than willing to help ya out Tim.

sonicnofadz

Jul 24, 2012
    Perry Hall, MD
    I am thinking about applying, my wife and her family own a small chain of restaurants in the Baltimore area, and her family has had their house robbed several times (they were targeted by former employees) and they even had her brother tied up and assaulted during a home invasion (there is a police record). Would this play in to MY application at all, being that I am her husband? The only affiliation I have with the business itself is that I sometimes work for the restaurant (seating people, or fixing equipment).

jkeiler

Mar 25, 2013
    Bowie
    I am thinking about applying, my wife and her family own a small chain of restaurants in the Baltimore area, and her family has had their house robbed several times (they were targeted by former employees) and they even had her brother tied up and assaulted during a home invasion (there is a police record). Would this play in to MY application at all, being that I am her husband? The only affiliation I have with the business itself is that I sometimes work for the restaurant (seating people, or fixing equipment).

I had credible threats against my wife and I in our home, which they acknowledged. However, I was denied on the ground that I am allowed to carry a firearm and defend myself in my home, so there is no reason for them to issue a carry permit.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

APPLY! I am willing to bet you could get one after we see some movement in the next 3 weeks. Apply and get in line now. The climate is changing and all in the licensing department know it and are much easier to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom