• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    G&S isn't a law. It's an administrative policy.

Give him some breathing room.

let's watch and see.

Correct and its at the discretion of the MSP superintendent. Hogan need not say a word about it.

tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD
    I don't expect to see any change in the G&S policy until a second term...if there is one.

Of course, I didn't think Hogan had a chance to win either. So what do I know? :D

AwesomeBill

Awesome Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Westminster
    And his statement is NO different than those made during his campaign.

Take a step back.
    Anthony Brown becomes governor -- that statement turns into...
    "We will push to strengthen our gun laws to increase the safety of more Marylanders."

Hogan can affect administrative policy and will. That isn't changing laws, but it does ease the burden on gun owners and potential gun owners.

Yes, exactly! Hogan was a win for 2A in MD simply because things were guaranteed to get worse with Brown. We win if Hogan does nothing. The very fact that things just might possibly get better is simply a wonderful side effect.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    When a court case challenges state law, does the state attorney's office defend it? I'm remembering the Federal government involvement in some of the SCOTUS challenges to Obama care.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    I have a feeling that he'll keep his head down on 2A until second term (if there is one). Or maybe he quietly eases G&S right before election to gin us up.

Let's not forget where we've been and what we faced with Brown. No new gun laws in 4yrs is manna from heaven, guys.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Frankly, I'm a little pissed. I was promised ARs against all trees and in all playgrounds. I have not seen One. Free. AR. Yet.

:D

Browns campaign was supposed to supply those, but his credit card was over the limit. :D

Rob

vmc_jap

Aug 5, 2012
    And his statement is NO different than those made during his campaign.

Take a step back.
    Anthony Brown becomes governor -- that statement turns into...
    "We will push to strengthen our gun laws to increase the safety of more Marylanders."

Hogan can affect administrative policy and will. That isn't changing laws, but it does ease the burden on gun owners and potential gun owners.

^^^^^ This ^^^^^

IMO he should pick a pro 2A MSP Superintendent, define G&S to recognize the God given right of self defense... And he can do this without drawing too much attention from the opposing politicians.

He can easily justify this and gain ground on the opposition... Provide the inner city, single parents the tools needed to defend themselves. Four years of data will validate that lawful gun owners will do what is right. If he waits to do this as he gets closer to 2018... Well, you know that this will be used against him. If he doe nothing, he risks loosing support from the 2A community

Mr H

Banana'd
    When a court case challenges state law, does the state attorney's office defend it? I'm remembering the Federal government involvement in some of the SCOTUS challenges to Obama care.

Actually, the AG's office does, and there is some thought that the funding and direction can be controlled by the Governor. I don't know how realistic that is, but it's interesting.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I went back and looked at the interview on DC Fox this a.m. The question was regarding "assault weapons," and Hogan simply said that issue is now in the courts and they will decide. That was the extent of his comment, which is entirely true, and which he has virtually no control over. Frosh will handle that issue.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Frosh will handle that issue.

0.jpg

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Yes, and the MD AGs office is defending the lawsuit.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    He's a smart man. He's not going to show his hand to the leftists surrounding him. More than likely, he's going to wait for opportunities to take them by surprise, knock them off kilter, and leave them scratching their heads while nodding along trying to figure out what just happened.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    He's a smart man. He's not going to show his hand to the leftists surrounding him. More than likely, he's going to wait for opportunities to take them by surprise, knock them off kilter, and leave them scratching their heads while nodding along trying to figure out what just happened.

Or, he's a RINO and we are all chumps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom