• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I just submitted a form 1 via eforms for my Pap M92 a few days ago. I'm usually pretty thorough but after reading up on the M92 sbrs, I found out that putting down 7.62X39 will get you disapproved. :sad20: Apparently, 7.62 is the correct caliber. I guess the ATF thinks that 7.62X39 is wrong which is a bunch of horsesh*t.
    Having said that, what is the best way to fix this? Do I have to wait until I get disapproved to resubmit? I sent an email via the "ask the experts" so we'll see what the "experts" say.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Not an expert but, probably have to wait till they 'handle' your submission. They may just email you for a clarification (as in 'hey, you f'ed up here') and let you resubmit it there on the spot. I've heard of similar situations.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    My PPS43C SBR sailed through ATF last fall in "7.62x25mm" caliber, so I can't imagine they'd spit yours out on the basis of "7.62x39".

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    If they put into "Problem" status, you will simply get a letter asking you to fix/remedy the error and/or omission. Mail it back and it should go right through.

You do not go to the end of the line, and the fact that they ask for clarification means it is on someone's desk getting worked on.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    If they put into "Problem" status, you will simply get a letter asking you to fix/remedy the error and/or omission. Mail it back and it should go right through.

You do not go to the end of the line, and the fact that they ask for clarification means it is on someone's desk getting worked on.

I think he did his via E-forms......

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia

I think he did his via E-forms......

Yes, it was via e-forms. I will call Monday, hopefully someone can get me an answer. Worst case scenario I get a disapproved and resubmit. It's a good thing e-forms have been taking a month.

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yes, it was via e-forms. I will call Monday, hopefully someone can get me an answer. Worst case scenario I get a disapproved and resubmit. It's a good thing e-forms have taking a month.

They'll probably shoot you an e-mail, in that case.

genexd

Mar 18, 2014
    I also will be submitting my pap m92 for a sbr in the near future. If 7.62x39 is wrong, what are we supposed to list it under?

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Well, 5 days after submission it comes back disapproved. How do I go about editing an eform and resubmitting. I got an email from Ted Clutter telling me that he is the point of contact and that I should resubmit to him. Any idea? I've never been disapproved before.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Well, 5 days after submission it comes back disapproved. How do I go about editing an eform and resubmitting. I got an email from Ted Clutter telling me that he is the point of contact and that I should resubmit to him. Any idea? I've never been disapproved before.

You can't edit it, you have to submit a new form. Just send Ted an email with the control number for the disapproved form and the new control number from the resubmit.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    You can't edit it, you have to submit a new form. Just send Ted an email with the control number for the disapproved form and the new control number from the resubmit.

Thanks man. Do I have to pay another $200 for the new form?

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    That's so confusing. Are they telling you to violate federal law? The ones I've seen are makes 7.62x39mm. If you form it with 30 cal you have to re-engrave that in order to be compliant with federal law.

I just spoke with Ted Clutter. He said it is a weird glitch in their system. He said that he knows that 7.62x39 is the correct caliber, but for some reason the system won't accept it. He told me to submit a new form1 with 7.62 only and to email him the new submission ID for him to expedite it. He apologized to me for the issue. I actually found him very helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom