• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    I agree that this ruling is ridiculous and almost impossible to enforce, but it's a good lesson in why people need to shut up and stop asking (begging) authorities to find a way to ban someone. Stop writing letters already.

I agree that this ruling is ridiculous and almost impossible to enforce, but it's a good lesson in why people need to shut up and stop asking (begging) authorities to find a way to ban someone. Stop writing letters already.

Yeh , I definitely blame all these idiots who keep asking questions in which we already know the answer , this would be fine if was just left alone..

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    What would they do if you used a tight sling MP5K style and rested your cheek on it? Would that be considered "shouldering"

I was wondering the same thing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      62.7 KB · Views: 395

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    What would they do if you used a tight sling MP5K style and rested your cheek on it? Would that be considered "shouldering"

That's how I initially shot the PPS43C. But, although an improvement over hand-held, it was still too unwieldy for my comfort. So I ended up biting the bullet and SBR'ing it, which made the gun much safer (and easier) to shoot.

If only our government put actual shooter safety over theoretical public protection, they'd have alot more credibility amongst gun owners, who represent nearly half the country.

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    I'd wager there'll likewise be a flood of new Form 1 applications (to SBR formerly Sig-braced pistols) arriving in ATF's inbox over the coming weeks.

Except for those of us in MD, or in states where SBR's are outlawed. I fully expect a lawsuit to be filed shortly challenging the "redesign" ruling since it contradicts with other ATF decisions.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    All the youtube channels that had videos of it being used as a stock are being pulled faster than you can say ********. MAC's videos with them are gone.

some are also putting out word so folks stop using them that way

rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    Having a hard time expressing how screwed I feel. This ruling implicates three systems I bought precisely (1) based on the ruling that this was permitted use and (2) to avoid the absurd "mother may I" permission needed for interstate travel. I'm not really all that fussed about the tax stamp or the paperwork (I already have an NFA item with a couple of more pending), but the stifling of interstate travel really burns me.

Now I'm not sure precisely what I will do, but I do feel like I've been misled to a degree. I probably would not have purchased any of the three absent the original ruling, and that would have left about $4K to invest elsewhere. I do hope this gets overturned.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    A lefty shooting a right handed rifle would fall under this new ruling. As would anyone shooting a pistol with 2 hands as by ATFs own rules pistols are designed to be fired one handed. This shouldn't hold up to review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom