• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • carbonDRED

Dec 14, 2008
    Baltimore
    A little backstory:
    I signed up for a class with Redback One that was scheduled to start in October in FL. Due to a scheduling conflict, that class was cancelled, but there was another class in Dallas that is slated for the end of September. I emailed them and had them change my registration, but they told me there were numbers issues. I'd really like to actually take a class, but I don't want to book a flight/reserve a hotel/rent a car and then have the class fall through. I called Jason Falla today, and got the down and dirty. He said that if we could get a range and 15 people to sign up, they would be willing to offer a carbine/pistol course here in MD!! The quality of instruction is great, the techniques are solid, and damnit he's a nice guy!
    Show of hands, who would be willing to help me get the ball rolling here? It's a little bit of $$, but it's 2 days worth of high quality instruction, and it's right here in our back yard!

carbonDRED

Dec 14, 2008
    Baltimore
    You did not mention what class. Not that I am in, but people would like to know.
    They are also based in Virginia.

Saw the price list. Aside for a select few here, I am pretty sure no one is into an average $500 course fee.

http://redbackone.com/shop/cart.cfm?cmd=view.scat&tcat=49&scat=1006&startrow=1

The price is $500+, HOWEVER, you're getting 2 full days of instruction. Looking around at all the other training agencies, you're looking at $300-$350 for just a single day. All told, if you don't have to worry about travel expenses, it is a cheaper training option.
    As to the location, their PO Box is in VA, but they are a traveling training agency. I can't speak to whether they have a range that's open to anyone other than MIL/LE.
    I'm looking for the RSS level 2 carbine/pistol course. They say the prereq's are previous training through an "approved agency," but I've spoken to them, and as long as you're not a knucklehead they're willing to work with you.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    Just saying..

Center Mass Combat Tactics (IP here) is holding a two day pistol class this month for way under $500. I think it may even be half of that.

Amazing training in Maryland. Check them out.

carbonDRED

Dec 14, 2008
    Baltimore
    Unfortunately, that's just a pistol class. I've actually taken a class with Tommy, and it was awesome! We had a ton of fun, and got a lot of time on the bang switch. Their site was down when I just checked it, but I'll check back later. I know I've read their class descriptions in the past, but I can't remember the specifics of them off the top of my head, and why RB1 sounded like a great other option.

Why don't I ask this then: Do you guys want to get a class together for CMCT? I know Tommy's said in the past that 10+ would make the $$ less.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    CMCT is offering a pistol class, a carbine class and a low light class this year. They are my favorite training outlet and a group of professionals. I have taken many of their classes a few times and would take any class they offer schedule permitting.

I get really long winded when describing how amazing CMCT is. My wife loves the classes, and we take them all together. They will push you, and they will make you better. Trust me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom