• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wfilardo

Jan 21, 2013
    Southern Maryland
    I bought Kriss Vector pistol (5 " barrell) AUG 13 sent Form 1 in to SBR it and got approved tax stamp back May 14. With everything that's going on now with SBRs in MD can I put stock on the gun and SBR it or does MD not allow because it's OAL is under 29"?

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Build your gun and delete this thread. You are approved. None of these disaprovals are actually based on law. Just on the ATFs inability to interpret it. Also they did not decide to limit SBRs to 29" until after you were approved. This limit is also not based on law.

All of these issues will work out for the rest of us.

You have a MDSP signed and ATF approved ducument.

Wfilardo

Jan 21, 2013
    Southern Maryland
    Because the ATF approved the SBR not the state. The Form 1 went in via a trust so no MSP CLEO sign off and I want to make sure I don't have an illegal weapon as far as MD is concerned.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Because the ATF approved the SBR not the state. The Form 1 went in via a trust so no MSP CLEO sign off and I want to make sure I don't have an illegal weapon as far as MD is concerned.

ATF are the ones who APPROVE these things, and they are the ones currently disapproving them based on input from MSP. If you have the stamp, you have approval and no one at MSP can do a damn thing. It'd be no different than if you had gotten the stamp 5 years ago. The gun was legal as an SBR as soon as you got the stamp. Doesn't matter that MSP changed their mind and told ATF to stop approving them a few months later...

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    Huh!!! Just make a copy of approved paper work. Put a stock on it, bring it at any range and have fun shooting it. If an LEO check up on you, be polite and say it is legal per ATF config. If ask if you have anything to prove it, show the paper work...;)

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Interestingly, I recently spoke with Andrew at ATF regarding SBRs. I currently have a 8.2 sbr and according to Andrew I can go shorter or longer temporarily as long as I maintain the original configuration. So accordingly if I have a pre-ban 2013 lower and make it a sbr of 29" OAL. Legally I should after approval be allowed to temporarily attach a <29"OAL upper. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I bought Kriss Vector pistol (5 " barrell) AUG 13 sent Form 1 in to SBR it and got approved tax stamp back May 14. With everything that's going on now with SBRs in MD can I put stock on the gun and SBR it or does MD not allow because it's OAL is under 29"?

these question are similar to the Sig brace questions (don't go looking for something that you don't want to hear), sometimes you gotta go with your gut. If you were approved, you were approved.

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    I'm hoping this won't be an issue pending Engage Armaments lawsuit. I have an mp5 reverse stretch I'm dying to SBR, but no way it would reach 29"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom