• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Odd looking '91 to be sure. Rear sight especially. Late 19th century.

But it doesn't look to be a Bubba job. If it is, it's a very old Bubba job.

The "Popsicle" splices are very Finnish. Finnish prototype maybe.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    From the looks of it, it looks like it may have ended up in the Balkans or somewhere else.

Looking closely at the receiver, it looks like it has a recent PW Arms (?) import marking on it in picture 12.

Thats a CIA import tag i see. Not PW.

Damn.. I had no idea this was a find.. :sad20:

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I can only remember having seen 2 of these in the last 20 yrs. And one of those resides on the other side of the pond. Gonna be expensive when the dust clears!

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I bet it ends up in h2u's collection. :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence, my friend :D

But that isn't within my collecting focus, so I'm going to leave it to my friends over at Gunboards - several of whom have already made bids. I'd buy it if I found it in a shop for a couple of hundred, but I'm a Finn guy all the way.
    Now if beswift wants to sell his Ulaani Carbine-I'd be all over that!!! ;)

I have a question or two about it as it doesn't quite match the cut-and-dried cues of a standard St Petersburg Cavalry Carbine. It looks too long and the stepped barrel portion is non-standard as well. It could definitely be a proto-type, and with the 0000 bolt serial- that could be a clue toward it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it go pretty high. Three of the guys bidding right now are known to bid up to and past $2000 on rare Mosins they're interested in.
    With five days left, I'm thinking some other deep-pocketed collectors will be entering the auction.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Up over a grand.

On a related note, I wonder what the sellers relation to Century is (if any).... seems to have A LOT (not all, but a lot) of Century imported stuff based on the tags I see and import marks. Collects tax in FL, VT, and PA (Century has offices in FL and VT)... and Fairfax VT where the seller lists being located is right next to St Albans/Georgia VT where Century is. Listings say that they.... OutdoorLiquidators.com provides eCommerce services to companies that have unwanted inventory to get rid of. We work with manufacturers, distributors, importers, and retailers, and while we specialize in hunting and shooting merchandise we will gladly utilize our expertise to sell other outdoor and sporting good merchandise. I wonder if Century is one of these companies.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    that is a good point, but the details of the gun are so vauge. If it was CAI, or one of thier sellers, dont you think they would have a better idea what they have?

I would hope so, but then again. Maybe not. They process these by the crate (or shipping container) full. I'm sure when they process these they get sorted into the Grade A, Grade B, Parts, and WTF is this pile. This might have just gone into the WTF is this pile... stuck in a corner and is now going to the clearance/auction dude. Hard to say. When I saw it, I looked around for a bit trying to figure out what it was and couldn't find anything. Looked like an old Russian bubba special. Maybe they thought the same... who knows. Just wild musings on my part.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom