Whats going on here? Norinco Tok for waht?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maxsplat

Apr 11, 2013
    Westmonster
    And someone actually paid $1700 for it. I can see value with the original box jut not that kind of value for that piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Some early norinco imports were actually ex-type54's military guns, and theu do command a premium. You can identify those with the date on the frame. Then they transitioned to these with "no date". Then the last ones imported had forward facing slide serrations. I believe those to be the least quality made ones. Early ones, obviously the best.

At about $700 two people then ran up the price, but even up to $700 blows my mind.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Some early norinco imports were actually ex-type54's military guns, and theu do command a premium. You can identify those with the date on the frame. Then they transitioned to these with "no date". Then the last ones imported had forward facing slide serrations. I believe those to be the least quality made ones. Early ones, obviously the best.

At about $700 two people then ran up the price, but even up to $700 blows my mind.

If it has "Norinco" on it, though, it's not going to fall into the uber-collectible range, even if it's an ex T54. I've seen some Norinco exports advertised as "Vietnam Bring-Backs," so maybe someone thought that was what it was. I can easily see the excellent son of a Vietnam vet paying that kind of money to get a replacement for dad's bring-back T54 that he'd had to sell, was stolen, etc., but I sure hope that's not what happened here.

Jul 1, 2012
    Wow.
    I was watching that when it first came up but not a fan of that seller (he had two M20's as well) and disengaged.
    Not sure how to justify a price that would get you a very decent unmolested WW2 w/ matched mag or a mint M20 + a lot of ammo.
    But it's an auction, anything can happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom