• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I don't and have not worn gloves shooting other than hunting.
    After this post maybe will considered it.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    My wife wears them when she shoots. I don't.

I want "practice" to be as close as possible to the real thing, should the situation ever arise.

If I'm out and about and need to use my hangun for SD, I want it (the gun) to feel just like it does at the range.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    One thing you should keep in mind if you haven't already discovered it the hard way. Low cut necklines are NOT compatable with auto pistols. :lol2:

Happened to Theresa a couple of times in the beginning. (Funny as hell to watch!)
    :lol2::lol2::lol2:

She's since learned her lesson.
    :)

oupa

Apr 6, 2011
    Thanks, oupa. You really did answer my question. Thanks for the heads up on low sweaters. I can imagine that really hurting. I no longer wear shorts when my husband is welding firewalls either. It only takes one piece of hot slag in your shorts to teach that lesson!

You're most welcome. I've witnessed the "hot case in the cleavege" dance several times at competitions and while serving as an instructor at events for (mostly new) women shooters. Entertaining as a man but not so much fun for the dancer!:innocent0

STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    For shotgunning they absorb perspiration when its hot, and keep my hands warm when its cold. Even if its not hot or cold I wear them to enhance grip and in the interest of consistency.

Mr H

Banana'd
    You're most welcome. I've witnessed the "hot case in the cleavege" dance several times at competitions and while serving as an instructor at events for (mostly new) women shooters. Entertaining as a man but not so much fun for the dancer!:innocent0

I've caught hot brass down a polo, so guys aren't immune either!!

I've even had a hot case lodge itself against my temple, in the arm of my shooting glasses.

But, none of that is glove-related...

Move along, nothing to see.......

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    I wear gloves when shooting to A. get a better grip on the pistol/rifle/shotgun; B. keep my hands cleaner; C. helps when loading multiple hi-cap mags; and D. general protection. Typically, I take a pair of mechanics gloves and snip off the top half of the pointer finger.

Gaius Baltar

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 7, 2010
    i wear gloves because chuck norris ALLOWS ME to wear them.. :o) seriously, the only time i wear them is if i am shooting a 12 gauge. the barrel gets hot, and i don't worry much about "squeezing" the trigger as much. the rest of the time, no gloves for me because i like to "feel" the trigger when i am shooting...

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    As I stated in an earlier post, I like baseball batting gloves as long as you make sure you get a pair that fit snugly. But they're lousy for cold weather

But I've recently gotten myself a couple of pairs of "The Gun Glove." A pair of standard weight and a pair of summer weight. These are probably the best I've tried so far. I really like these a lot. Good trigger feel and I can easily fish a pair of shells out of the shell bag and load the gun.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Please dont wear baseball or golf gloves or any other synthetic glove(unless they are FR). If the gun heats up enough the gloves can melt/shrink wrap to your hands which equals instant very nasty burns and a trip to the hospital. I personally dont wear gloves that often and I have shot my rifle enough that I have had to suck it up and hold on to my very hot TRX extreme rail. I am certain that the rail was hot enough to start melting a bad pair of gloves. If you must mechanix are decent, cheap, wally world has them and they wont melt on you. If you want truly great gloves (my opinion of course)OR makes some amazing FR gloves, they are pricy though.

Mr H

Banana'd
    hmmm.... I have never worn gloves.... didn't think I needed too....

LOL... and no one told the cat it wasn't supposed to be able to walk on a leash!!

Seriously, though... It's all about preference and situation, IMO.

As a test, I used the UnderArmor gloves (mentioned earlier) for trap the other evening.

Other than for grip, I didn't even know they were there.

If anyone is inclined to try gloves??? I recommend them.
    Will I always use them? Doubtful... but at least I know they won't be a hindrance.

XxNitr0xX

Tacticool
    Apr 11, 2011
    My computer
    Shock, overall grip on the weapon (can't have too much of that), comfort and just overall feel. Shoot with them for a mag then a mag without them, I bet it will give you a better overall feeling of stability, control, accuracy etc. even if it's only in your head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom