• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Just got a letter stating c & r was up for renewal (which it is). in march.

Is it common practice to photo copy renewal app and send off to CLEO?

Tin foil may be little tight, but app is askin for number of guns bought and sold with lisc also. Is this form the "norm" for renewal?

Thanks.in advance.

TNT

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Got mine too; I don't recall that sort of thing on the previous renewal.

Maybe it's time to lapse and start over.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    I got my paperwork in the mail for my second renewal yesterday.
    I have yet to use it for anything. They renewed it last time with out a problem. Guess they will do it again.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Just got a letter stating c & r was up for renewal (which it is). in march.

Is it common practice to photo copy renewal app and send off to CLEO?

Tin foil may be little tight, but app is askin for number of guns bought and sold with lisc also. Is this form the "norm" for renewal?

Thanks.in advance.

TNT

Both requirements are normal and routine.

I suspect they are looking for unusually large numbers of guns sold. If you say you bought 300 and sold 290 you might get an audit based on you might be doing it as a business. Just a guess on my part though.

With normal amounts there I wouldn't worry about it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Jul 1, 2012
    That link is for the initial application, not the renewal (they send a hard copy form which is much different for the renewal).

The compliance form is only for each additional "Responsible Person" on the license (I think that's moot for C&R applications even though there are fields for adding RP's).
    "If you're the only person on the license then you don't need to submit the 5330.20 form."

"Responsible Persons - In the case of a corporation, partnership, or association, any individual possessing, directly or indirectly, the power to direct or cause the direction of the management, policies, and practices of the corporation, partnership, or association, insofar as they pertain to firearms."

crowleycr

Mar 4, 2012
    Lexington Park
    That link is for the initial application, not the renewal (they send a hard copy form which is much different for the renewal).

The compliance form is only for each additional "Responsible Person" on the license (I think that's moot for C&R applications even though there are fields for adding RP's).
    "If you're the only person on the license then you don't need to submit the 5330.20 form."

"Responsible Persons - In the case of a corporation, partnership, or association, any individual possessing, directly or indirectly, the power to direct or cause the direction of the management, policies, and practices of the corporation, partnership, or association, insofar as they pertain to firearms."

Sorry my bad, you need to use the great resources link buried in the page where you will find directions for the renewal form.

from there I found this paragraph:
    "You must complete the [ATF F 5330.20 — Certification of Compliance] form when submitting your renewal application. This must be done even if you sent one in with your initial application. If this form is not included with your renewal application it will be returned to you. This form is used to determine your citizenship and eligibility and it should be included with your renewal package."

The page also says certificate of compliance is only required for additional responsible persons on the initial application.

The renewal paperwork I received also cited the certification of compliance. I wondered what that meant as its been three years since I made my initial application. I will go back and re-read the directions that came with my renewal. Very glad I found this web site.

Jul 1, 2012
    I didn't send the "compliance form", everything on it is covered by the renewal and the original app. and renewed license came back lickety-split.
    I think that's only if you're one of the other type's of FFL's and have multiple Responsible Persons.
    Note that the renewal form is a "one size fits all" covering multiple FFL types, not just FFL-03, so some fields aren't applicable.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    I got my paperwork in the mail for my second renewal yesterday.
    I have yet to use it for anything. They renewed it last time with out a problem. Guess they will do it again.

I mailed my renewal application on Dec 26 and got the new licence today. That's fast.
    My old one does not expire until March.

UpperMarlboroMan

Mar 11, 2013
    Same here. Had a March renewal date but got forms returned in December and the new license just three weeks later. I was shocked at the rapid turn around.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Going to throw another renewal question in here so as not to start another thread...searched but couldn't find anything on this. Just got my renewal app, but I have a question on #8 on the backside of the renewal form.....this looks like a new question to me, I don't remember it the last go around. Maybe I just have the tin foil on a little tight, but doesn't adding the word "business" hang us up as C&R collectors? Do we have to answer this one? I have sold on gunbroker, but only to enhance my collection, not as a "business".

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      74.8 KB · Views: 222
    Jul 1, 2012
    I just left that one blank.
    I vaguely remember tracking down in the instructions it was for businesses.
    Answering it would just open a can of worms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom