TacCon 3MR Trigger? Cooler than a bumpstock?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Nothing a regular adjustable trigger cant accomplish IMO.

Even adjustable isnt required from the videos I've seen. I've yet to see a video of the 3MR shooting faster than I can shoot my SD3G. Its rare that the geissele is the 1/2 price trigger! I was excited at first, but my excitement has tempered considerably.

-Jim

Sewer Rat

Ultimate Member
    Even adjustable isnt required from the videos I've seen. I've yet to see a video of the 3MR shooting faster than I can shoot my SD3G. Its rare that the geissele is the 1/2 price trigger! I was excited at first, but my excitement has tempered considerably.

-Jim

And this is why I didn't jump on the bandwagon... well that and I was already on the bandwagon to acquire additional lowers high-cap mags before Oct 1st...

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    Im waiting for someone notable to test it out. Like maybe the guy from the Military Arms Channel. Or Hickok45.

Well, neither one of those, but this video from SHOT 2014 at least demonstrates how it works in the hands of a novice. Not all that impressive compared to their in-house promo video.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Im waiting for someone notable to test it out. Like maybe the guy from the Military Arms Channel. Or Hickok45.

MAC posted on FB yesterday that he tried it at SHOT... posted from the media range day. His words: "Got one! This thing ROCKS! I am looking forward to getting it installed on one of my ARs."

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Look at it this way: for any Marylander with $$ burning a hole in the pocket--but dead set against getting an HQL--this Tac trigger purchase is like giving yourself a "new" regulated firearm.

It's simply a super short re-set trigger in that "3rd Mode" so the rate of fire is up to your reflexes...

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    It's the same short re-set trigger you get with the Glock, except with the Glock you have to train yourself to keep your trigger finger tight to keep the short re-set from moving to the normal re-set distance.

With this AR Tac trigger set up, the trigger stays in short re-set, whether your finger is in contact with it or not.

But that essentially means you are in possession of a hair trigger, so buyer/user/onlooker beware.

This trigger stays at 4.5 pounds, long-pull or short re-set, but still..

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    In the video the guy in the hat claims it's a one-pound trigger in short re-set mode, but he directly contradicts the manufacturer on that. It may only feel like a one-pound pull...

285ferrari

Dec 7, 2012
    Waldorf
    I received the three Tac Con triggers I ordered back in November this week. Just installed one in my AR 9mm, hope to shoot it this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom