• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Computers for guns exchange program this Saturday
    https://www.baltimorebrew.com/2015/07/22/computers-for-guns-exchange-program-this-saturday/
    Digit All Systems will hold a “computers for guns” exchange this Saturday at the Greater Baltimore Urban League’s office at 512 Orchard Street in West Baltimore. Between 2 and 4 p.m., owners of guns can turn them in and receive a free laptop or tablet with no questions asked...

:innocent0

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    spread the rumor that all the computers will have GPS and broadcast audio and video signals back to the police department.

I was also hoping to trade in a couple old computers for some new guns

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    What makes these anonymous, paperless sales to Digit All Systems legal? Is there an exception to the straw purchase prohibition of FSA2013, or did I miss something?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I was really hoping this was the other way around. I have some old macs and dells that I'd love to turn in for guns ;)

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I'm seriously thinking about taking an old piece of junk over there and getting a laptop.

I'm just afraid I'd get mugged walking back to my truck

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Co-sponsored by the police and mayors office, which will no doubt be on hand to receive.

And? Corporate sponsor is still paying consideration for transfer (sale) to a third party, isn't it? Is there a police/mayors office exception in the law?

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    I bet they'll be media there.

How funny would it be if 30 or so of us did actually show up with old computers. You would have to really sell it with that surprised look on your face when they tell you it's the other way around.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    So from the title of this thread, I can take a POS laptop and get a gun? Done!

I have a crappy High Standard 22 revolver that might be worth trading for a laptop, but knowing the City, these computers will probably be bigger pieces of sh*t than my high standard.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I may hit the local pawn shops for a dirt cheap 22 or single shot shotgun to trade for a new laptop. Back in 1994, I bought 9 cheap ($45) guns from 2 pawn shops and went the to a Riddick Bowe gun buy back in DC.
    Got $900, $100 each for a nice gain of about $ 500 after gas and taxes.
    I did see a few very nice C & R guns being turned in, including a Thompson 1921. there were 2 discharges while we were in line, luckly no one shot, 1st one, a guy turning in a gun, shot went into the ground between somebody's elses legs , 2nd a MPDC tring to unload a pistol inside the building, that went into the ceiling. Went and bought and bought my first 1911 with the profit.:)

Turtle Man

Mar 17, 2013
    I already have a computer. And only need one. Can't say the same the other way 'round though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom