• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    The view from Annapolis is that people like us exist only to pay taxes and support the welfare state. They don't care if you can protect yourself or not.

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32
    It is still beyond me how a veteran can be denied this, for what you risked and sacrificed to protect our freedoms this is how they repay you. Total B.S. I believe all active duty and honorably discharged military should automatically qualify, just my opinion.

Not too make a mockery of your suggestion, but it sounds just like the liberals who are completely against law abiding citizens carrying concealed. Your suggestion falls in line for CCW being a "privilege," and that is what we do not want.

Feb 28, 2013
    I'll be on the phone with them Monday for sure. It does say I have 30 days to provide G&S, and since I'm just a dumb truck driver, where am I gonna get G&S.:sad20:

Tell them you haul expensive cargo with very high declared values.

Do you have hazmat on your license? Save a few Bills of Lading showing hazardous materials info, particularly anything class 1, 2.3, or 7, even if it isn't class 7 type 3. It may raise a few eyebrows once they find out you transport radioactives.

4570inMD

Western MD Hooligan #007
    Jan 26, 2011
    West Virginia
    My form-letter pre-denial letter arrived from the MD Support Services Bureau today as well. They did not even address it beyond "Dear Applicant" nor sign the letter.

Lookin' for advice from MSI concerning "good and substantial reason".

4570inMD

Clark W. Griswold

Oct 5, 2009
    Tell them you haul expensive cargo with very high declared values.

Do you have hazmat on your license? Save a few Bills of Lading showing hazardous materials info, particularly anything class 1, 2.3, or 7, even if it isn't class 7 type 3. It may raise a few eyebrows once they find out you transport radioactives.

Tanker full of regular unleaded has a retail value around 30k. Have more luck getting one on that angle. Not that you'd have any luck unless you're carrying cash

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I'll be on the phone with them Monday for sure. It does say I have 30 days to provide G&S, and since I'm just a dumb truck driver, where am I gonna get G&S.:sad20:

You swiped my brass at the range the other day. Watch your back. I'm gonna get you. Now, just two more to go.:D

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Personally, I am not surprised at the stance; I am surprised by their timing (pre-mandate, pre-cert denial).

None of that schit is gonna fly anyway.

I'm sure mine will be in the box for me when I get home. They'll be seeing and hearing a lot from me for the next few month I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom