• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbgunn177

Jun 30, 2008
    I still need training, I just haven't had the time to pursue it. The training later this month doesn't fit my time schedule. I have to rearrange my work schedule to get it.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Any consensus on how many weeks it takes before disapproved from date of application?

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I just got mine today, but submitted w/ G&S. I requested no restrictions with an alternative of proposed restrictions. They used my proposed restrictions, so unrestricted biz purposes licenses are still a pipe dream from MSP at this point. Who knows what the Board would do if I appealed my restrictions, but I'm not hopeful.

divingraven

Apr 24, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    I just got mine today, but submitted w/ G&S. I requested no restrictions with an alternative of proposed restrictions. They used my proposed restrictions, so unrestricted biz purposes licenses are still a pipe dream from MSP at this point. Who knows what the Board would do if I appealed my restrictions, but I'm not hopeful.

What date did you submit your application?

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Remind us, what restrictions did you propose?

BTW, Looking forward to seeing you on 8/10 for paperwork!

Yeah Nate, I would be interested in your proposed restrictions. I applied as business owner and requested additional freedom to carry anytime without G&S. I submitted roughly the same time you did and have an interview with the troupers on Monday.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD

I encourage you to appeal. We need these cases before this new board to see what they do. I'm sure my renewal will come back with restrictions and I plan on appealing it.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Approx. 130 days and counting, and still waiting for the Superintendent's designee's decision. I thought about just appealing to the HGPRB after the 90 day statutory response period expired, but then I wouldn't get the chance to do an informal review with the Superintendent. :rolleyes:

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    My application was received by MSP on June 19, and I haven't even heard from anyone about my interview yet.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

It may have been May 13 now that I'm thinking about it more clearly, I honestly just sent it and forgot until I had my in person interview.

My restrictions are below. I asked for Business Property to be included if they gave me restrictions so as to cover ammunition, silencers (not firearms under MD law), etc.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      81.1 KB · Views: 226

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

You have 10 days to appeal the restrictions, or you can ask for a modification at any point and then appeal the MSP decision on those.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    It may have been May 13 now that I'm thinking about it more clearly, I honestly just sent it and forgot until I had my in person interview.

My restrictions are below. I asked for Business Property to be included if they gave me restrictions so as to cover ammunition, silencers (not firearms under MD law), etc.

Submit your appeal. I KNOW you can get them lightened or even removed. When do you cease being an employee of a FFL dealer? Is it possible someone with the knowledge of your employment could follow you, a la following someone home from the range and conducting a "smash and grab", and demand you open the shop, demand you get them weapons, assault you for your business keys even when not working?

Appeal!

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    You have 10 days to appeal the restrictions, or you can ask for a modification at any point and then appeal the MSP decision on those.

Submit your appeal. I KNOW you can get them lightened or even removed. When do you cease being an employee of a FFL dealer? Is it possible someone with the knowledge of your employment could follow you, a la following someone home from the range and conducting a "smash and grab", and demand you open the shop, demand you get them weapons, assault you for your business keys even when not working?

Appeal!

I know the timelines. I know the logic. I know the arguments. I'm so busy right now with another fight with MSP I letitimately don't know if I have the time to do an informal or formal review.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I know the timelines. I know the logic. I know the arguments. I'm so busy right now with another fight with MSP I letitimately don't know if I have the time to do an informal or formal review.

You are not required to ask for an informal review. You can just appeal and wait the 2-6 months until your case comes up.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT

Appeal!

I know and likely should appeal, but the fact is as employee while carrying business property in the form of the keys to the shop I'm always covered, in theory. The problem is I'm typically always at, going to, or coming from work anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom