• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Brock did me and my wife together. I guess we both looked normal to her.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    I was talking phone interview, I gave so little of a fvck, I don't remember the guy's name, that much is for sure.;)

Nice dig though! .:cool:

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Disapproved. They did not check my references or complete the background check other than the one done via fingerprinting.

A complaint to internal affairs is in order, then. I would also submit a letter stating that your references were not checked, your background was not examined and you were denied without due process. Copy Pallozzi on the letter and gear up for the HPRB hearing. Sorry if it was stated before, but what was your G&S?

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I sent mine in 35 days ago. It's just my impatience, but from other posts I've seen, I should be hearing something any time now. My wife sent hers in about a week after me. I'm wondering if they'll do the investigations and interviews at the same time.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Doubt they would do the interview at the same time for both of you.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Who the hell was digging? You need to lighten up.

If you "looked two normal", I must not I presume, that's how it reads anyhow.

I was just stating my experience, which wasn't apparently as pleasant and smooth as yours.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Read your own post. There's no reference to a phone interview. If Brock wished to speak to each of us separately I'm sure she would have asked one of us to go into another room. On a related note, I've posted quite a few times on the subject of interviews where I've related that Brock stated that she only asked us to come to a FTF so she ' could see if we loomed crazy".

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    SOP was a phone interview prior to FTF. In my case I was the only one applying, no need to speak to my wife at all really IMO.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Interesting that one of her investigation methods is to "see" if you look "crazy". Are the MSP investigating Troopers licensed mental health professionals?

Slightly subjective if I do say so, but,.... they know it when they see it, so.....

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Interesting that one of her investigation methods is to "see" if you look "crazy". Are the MSP investigating Troopers licensed mental health professionals?

Slightly subjective if I do say so, but,.... they know it when they see it, so.....
    I did ask her "what does crazy look like?. Then we had a short discussion about another comment when she said " guns make good people do bad things". That pretty much brought the interview to a conclusion.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I did ask her "what does crazy look like?. Then we had a short discussion about another comment when she said " guns make good people do bad things". That pretty much brought the interview to a conclusion.

Apparently she knows what crazy looks like ... she sees it in the mirror

I'm sorry, I would have taken that to her supervisor and maybe to a Delegate or State Senator

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    We had a civil discussion on the matter. Needless to say, I don't think her attitude changed. She looked at me kind of funny when I asked if that also reflects her feelings toward all the good MSP Troopers that have guns? No answer. I really didn't think I'd be approved after that, but I was wrong.

ccmc

Aug 11, 2011
    Haven't been here in a while (like close to four years), but it looks like nothing has changed in Maryland regarding carry permits. What will it take for Maryland to become like its immediate neighbors and most of the rest of the country? I know this sounds facetious and/or disrespectful, but I'm asking seriously and with the greatest respect for those of you that live in Maryland.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Haven't been here in a while (like close to four years), but it looks like nothing has changed in Maryland regarding carry permits. What will it take for Maryland to become like its immediate neighbors and most of the rest of the country? I know this sounds facetious and/or disrespectful, but I'm asking seriously and with the greatest respect for those of you that live in Maryland.
    1)Elect non-Democract Governor

Nope.

2) Governor appoints new MSP Head

Nope.

Medshot

Jul 24, 2013

divingraven

Apr 24, 2013
    Eastern Shore

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010