• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    I like:

SLIDE 24: We are mapping the locations of individuals under protective orders so we can keep firearms away from them.

I wasn't aware that FFLs checked a map instead of NICS to see if someone was a prohibited person. Now I know :rolleyes:

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    )'Malley's Positioning

Buying their kids a diploma, isn't cheap.

Think it's fair to say that MOM has no chance for the Dem nomination. And he
    probably is very aware of that..so what's he up too....

Here we believe MOM is trying to position himself to be selected for a position in the next Dem Administration, if the Voters want the Dems back. He claims to be a GREEN guy, alternative power sources, Global warming, etc, etc. He also tries to be a "Protector of the People", with his anti-firearm blabber. And recently, he backed Ag fuel, as in corn/gasoline etc. MD farmers didn't like that a bit, but Ohio Corn farmers like MOM for that position.

All in all, if MOM can "secure" any position in a possible Dem administration, He and the Missus will be sitting pretty and the kids diploma will not be a worry.

We don't think he will "go away" any time soon....

R

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I think this is my favorite quote:

"...Mr. O’Malley, who remains stuck near zero in the polls among Democratic primary voters"

The debates could be interesting, with opponents listing all the damage he did to MD, but I'd be just as happy if he doesn't get that far.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    I see this as half the story being reported he has a large amount of money make no mistake about it.

I dont see it any different than what most of us do.....
    I want to buy a new car for $45k I have the cash to buy it but I want to have some money set aside just in case so I only put down $35k and keep the $10k for an emergency.

So in his case ... same goes for his mortgage/kids tuition. Plus an additional bonus for him he can cry about it making him seem like Mr Maryland Middle Class when in reality has they money to pay it off.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    OR ....

I see this as half the story being reported he has a large amount of money make no mistake about it.

I dont see it any different than what most of us do.....
    I want to buy a new car for $45k I have the cash to buy it but I want to have some money set aside just in case so I only put down $35k and keep the $10k for an emergency.

So in his case ... same goes for his mortgage/kids tuition. Plus an additional bonus for him he can cry about it making him seem like Mr Maryland Middle Class when in reality has they money to pay it off.

He's fully prepared to use The Hildebeast's excuse ...

Strategic Planning: Formerly "Dead Broke" Candidate Shuts Down Bergdorf's for $600 Hair Cut

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Think it's fair to say that MOM has no chance for the Dem nomination. And he
    probably is very aware of that..so what's he up too....

Here we believe MOM is trying to position himself to be selected for a position in the next Dem Administration, if the Voters want the Dems back. He claims to be a GREEN guy, alternative power sources, Global warming, etc, etc. He also tries to be a "Protector of the People", with his anti-firearm blabber. And recently, he backed Ag fuel, as in corn/gasoline etc. MD farmers didn't like that a bit, but Ohio Corn farmers like MOM for that position.

All in all, if MOM can "secure" any position in a possible Dem administration, He and the Missus will be sitting pretty and the kids diploma will not be a worry.

We don't think he will "go away" any time soon....

R

Unless, of course, the next President isn't a Democract. Then he is in the wilderness. Might even have to actually work for a living.

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    :tinfoil: The "data-driven policy analysis" that company does is largely map based. No doubt there are data maps now showing the locations of all MDS members as well as everyone with a gun carry permit and probably all HQL holders in addition to regulated firearms purchasers since time began. They are probably headquartered in the recently vacated dungeon that was the former home of the HPRB.

Big Brother Is Watching! YOU.

EL1227 beat me to it.

As the state employee who would be given the project to compile this dataset and map it, I can assure you that this map does not exist. If it does happen to exist, it's not done with modern GIS and thus it's relatively useless. And if I ever was given this project, there would be one less state employee and you guys/MSI/the press would be the first to know.

I hate O'Malley as much as the next person here for what he did to guns, but he really has been a friend to GIS, open data, and data-driven decision making on non-hot button issues. I have no issues with him taking the money from ESRI, he's the poster child for how a governor should treat GIS and ESRI really is the industry standard with no viable alternative (so it's not like there's backroom deals, ESRI software is a good state contract).

srephwed

Jul 25, 2010
    harford county
    O' Smelly is just like Hildabeast. No balls. This country needs someone with balls to make us great again. We are the laughing stock of the world. Lets lift the sanctions on Iran, reestablish trade, let them off the hook in a few years and don't worry about the Americans they imprison. All they are worried about is votes. Make sure they don't get yours. Take back our country!

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    You got to love this from the Washington Post today:

It’s also fair to wonder how Mr. O’Malley and his wife, Catherine Curran O’Malley, a state district court judge, ran up such large personal debts. Together, the couple had a combined annual income of nearly $300,000 for most of the eight years he served as governor, as well as free housing in the governor’s mansion in Annapolis. Yet they have taken loans of $339,000 to put their two eldest children through college, plus a line of credit of at least $100,000 and a mortgage of $500,000 for a home in Baltimore.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...c87aea-30b1-11e5-8f36-18d1d501920d_story.html

interesting story but what gives me a great deal of pleasure is watching that sucker languish at the bottom bottom bottom of the polls. he actually thought, as he stuck it to us with that gun bill, that he was going to win the nomination. he thought that he was going to use his pushing the gun law in MD as a major argument for how he could do the same for the country and he thought it was going to get him elected. as it turns out, he's so irrelevant he can't even get a news crew to show up to any of his events so that anyone outside of his immediate family can hear what he has to say.

it's petty payback, but i'm loving it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom