• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Yes, I applied about 4 months prior to my expiration date. Permit arrived 16 days later with the new expiration date 3 years after the original expiration.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Has anyone applied for renewal way before the 90 day mark? Like 4-6 months in advance? If so what happened?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Check cashed 7/1, new permit in hand 7/16.

I am only telling you what the web site says. Feel free to wait as long as you like. They could have looked at your prints and sent the check to the accounting Dept. I don't know. Only reporting what they say on the web site.

Oh, I agree. Just sharing my recent experience!

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Note under Maryland law as long as you apply for a renewal at least 2 weeks before a permit expires, the old permit is valid beyond the stated expiration until you get the response on the renewal.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Note under Maryland law as long as you apply for a renewal at least 2 weeks before a permit expires, the old permit is valid beyond the stated expiration until you get the response on the renewal.
    True but I am thinking of applying soon for renewal and I don't expire until next April. Just wanted to see how they would handle me. LOL

DadOSix

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 25, 2013
    Allegany Co.
    FTF interview scheduled - tips?

hey gang,

I have my Face to Face interview scheduled soon. Wondering if anyone has a few tips on getting this part done. Sgt said should take about 15 minutes or so.

Thanks!

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Stick to the facts of the matter, avoid small talk while still remaining polite. Don't let the conversation get into in necessary details, they seem to like to trip people up.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Does this apply to out of state residents too?? Im a PA resident and have been considering trying to get my MD CCW permit.
    You can apply for a MD permit if you meet any of the defined G&S reasons. I would expect questions about how often you are in MD. If you own a business that operates in MD you should easily be good to go.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    My Renewal time is here:

9/29 Mailed
    10/2 Signed for at MSP
    10/5 Check Cashed

Current permit expires 11/30.

ELCAM

Dec 17, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    So I'm beyond my 90 days. I have called several times and all I get is your background check is complete and its pending final review.

I specifically mentioned it was beyond 90 days and I was told give it to the end of the month.

Is this normal?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Normal that they don't give a shit and know there's nothing you can do about it?

Yup, pretty much.

divingraven

Apr 24, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    So I'm beyond my 90 days. I have called several times and all I get is your background check is complete and its pending final review.

I specifically mentioned it was beyond 90 days and I was told give it to the end of the month.

Is this normal?

My wife's application is well over 100 days now, and after a phone call last week, they said it's approved, and will be sent out "soon." Funny thing is, I got my permit over 3 weeks ago (restricted of course), and we had our interview on the same exact day way back in August. Why the longer wait for her? Only MSP knows, and they don't care.

As PJDiesel says, they don't care because, as of yet, there have been no consequences of not following the SOP that was reissued in early September. I've tried to be optimistic about the way things were heading, but until the people on our side (supposedly the Governor and the Superintendent) decide to take a stand, it's status quo as it's always been here in Maryland. :sad20:

Last edited:

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    I posted this in a different thread but I'll try here as well hoping it gets more views.

I know someone who's wife is DOD with a TS clearance. Supposedly she can get her CCW because of that, the leak, ISIS being idiots, etc. The husband has yet to convince her to go ahead and do all that. She needs her HQL first and then do everything else this entails. She doesn't think it's a priority and he can only suggest it; he can't force it down her throat to to get it all done and apply and hope for the best. Any ideas how he would push the issue with her without forcing her into it?

Also, have any spouses successfully got a permit because their spouse is DOD with a clearance or anything like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom