• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Conductor

Mar 14, 2014
    Loudoun County, VA
    I saw a story on the TV news last week about a woman who had been shot and killed by a guy she had been dating. She tried to break up with him, but agreed to meet him at a local big-box store. They met in the parking lot, and he shot her twice, killing her.
    Unfortunately the story is not that unusual, except for the fact that the shooter was a convicted felon (and a registered sex offender), and was legally unable to buy or possess a firearm.
    So how did he get the gun? According to the State's Attorney's Office, he ordered it online, and it was mailed directly to his house. When I first heard that, my reaction was "********!". Then I found out the rest of the story. It seems that the shooter ordered a black powder pistol, which is not a firearm under federal law. He obtained the supplies necessary to load and shoot it, and then used it to kill his ex-girlfriend.
    I tremble when I think of the possible ramifications of this case. There's no doubt in my mind that the gun-haters in Annapolis (and on Capital Hill) are foaming at the mouth with the thought that here's another kind of gun that they can regulate or ban altogether.
    Any thoughts?

Dogmeat

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Montgomery County, MD
    There have been several past attempts to reclassify black powder handguns as regulated weapons in Maryland and, if I recall correctly, several states already do. This will just be proof in the minds of the antis that it needs to be done. I suspect they will push for this again.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    There have been several past attempts to reclassify black powder handguns as regulated weapons in Maryland and, if I recall correctly, several states already do. This will just be proof in the minds of the antis that it needs to be done. I suspect they will push for this again.

Yeah.. You know someone will bring it up next GA session.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Does anyone, even in ultra intellectual MoCo, believe that if he'd been unable to purchase it legally the way he did, in advance and with plenty of planning, he would have just said to himself, "Darn, nothing available legally to kill her with, so I won't kill her"?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Long ago, suffering from hormonally-induced clouded judgment, I briefly dated an uber-liberal, Harvard-educated DoJ lawyer who makes Bloomberg seem like Charlton Heston by comparison when it comes to 2A. All guns must be banned. Period.

When I argued with her that even without guns, murders would still happen, by knife and other means, she mocked and ridiculed the notion, insisting that people NEVER get close enough to their victim to stab them. We went our separate ways, and shortly thereafter OJ Simpson did his thing to Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman. I never did get an explanation from her as to how that happened. But highly educated, yet brainwashed dogmatists like her who continually deny facts and reality that don't support their dogma continue to make policy that affect us all.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    Long ago, suffering from hormonally-induced clouded judgment, I briefly dated an uber-liberal, Harvard-educated DoJ lawyer who makes Bloomberg seem like Charlton Heston by comparison when it comes to 2A. All guns must be banned. Period.

When I argued with her that even without guns, murders would still happen, by knife and other means, she mocked and ridiculed the notion, insisting that people NEVER get close enough to their victim to stab them. We went our separate ways, and shortly thereafter OJ Simpson did his thing to Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman. I never did get an explanation from her as to how that happened. But highly educated, yet brainwashed dogmatists like her who continually deny facts and reality that don't support their dogma continue to make policy that affect us all.
    England and Austrailian murder rates were in decline before their gun bans. Those rates continued to decline at the same rate as before the ban, yet the anti's will falsely claim that they declined because of the bans. Suicides remained the same. The only thing that changed was the method (rope).

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    So, there is one murder in MoCo**, but there have been ~60 in Baltimore in the last month and a half. Which one of the 60 in Baltimore used a black power pistol? Maybe we should ban drugs since according to Batts, they are mostly a result of drugs.

** MoCo has (maybe) 15 murders a year while Baltimore has 235 and 1/2 the population.

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    Prayers for her and her family. The other side of the coin though is she could not get a carry permit if she wanted one, and than there is other elephant in the room that a restraining order, if one was in place, was not respected by either party. A determined violent person, especially in Maryland, that is on the streets can not be stopped until they commit a violent crime and get locked up in solidary confinement.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    He could have just as easily used and axe or a rental car. There must 50 ways to gank your lover. The behavior is wrong, don't blame the tools. People kill people.

Dec 31, 2012
    We'll get to see the rubber meet the road when it comes to Hogan's 2A stance. The veto power will be his to exercise.

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    Just heard on Fox News a baseball bat was used In the DC quadruple homicide. Now baseball will be restricted and you will need a BQL (Baseball Qualification License) and go through background checks for every baseball bat you buy, and baseballs will be illegal if found in your car in DC just like fired shell cases.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    He could have just as easily used and axe or a rental car. There must 50 ways to gank your lover. The behavior is wrong, don't blame the tools. People kill people.

Haven't they already banned all sorts of martial arts instruments of death and destruction? How about Ninja stars?

Remember, too, one and all, that ALL fireworks, including sparklers are totally banned in MoCo. No July 4th celebrations there, unless you're content sitting on your butt and watching someone else have the fun of setting off the professional displays.

I'm surprised that MoCo still lets adults own matches without a MQL.

It's a control thing. And the MoCo poisonous influence is spreading.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I think May 1st is the official Mo Co holiday. 4th of July? Not to the Gulag Montgomery in the Peoples Republic of Libtardistan.

workers unite!

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I think May 1st is the official Mo Co holiday. 4th of July? Not to the Gulag Montgomery in the Peoples Republic of Libtardistan.

workers unite!

Forward!

July 4 also interferes with Ramadan, and MoCo, just like the US Embassy in Jakarta, would never condone that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom