• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Officers can pull up everything you have registered with the state, if they so choose.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    There's no way Frosh would be that stupid to try something like that, as much as he may secretly like the idea. It would be an obvious violation of rights and the lawsuits alone would be tremendous.

Not disagreeing, but what's the reason for VA share CHP info with MD LEOs? Mcauliffe cites LEO "safety" which suggests that LEOs might have some reason to fear for their safety when encountering a permit holder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    I recall Jack McAuley saying that a MD code allows a LEOmto,do a stop and search if he has reasonable cause to believe that a weapon is present.

This was discussed in reference to the FL guy I think it was who got stopped near the Ft McHenry tunnel and the officer asked him about guns in his car.

Be aware of police cars with tag scanners.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    *highly dependent on the amount of work that the officer wants to go through

Well sure, but they can do it. Can't imagine that it's normal to do so unless the stopped has done something to peak the officer's interest.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I recall Jack McAuley saying that a MD code allows a LEOmto,do a stop and search if he has reasonable cause to believe that a weapon is present.

This was discussed in reference to the FL guy I think it was who got stopped near the Ft McHenry tunnel and the officer asked him about guns in his car.

Be aware of police cars with tag scanners.

Police have cause when you admit having a handgun present. You would then need to fall into an exception under 4-203.

Long guns not so much.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Then don't admit to having a handgun present. "I have nothing illegal in the vehicle officer"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    :thumbsup:

Under MD law SBRs/SBSs/AOWs are considered handguns also, because they can be concealed on your person.

Dumais's bill put an end to that, iirc. I'm on tapatalk at the moment and can't get the bill number. It redefined handguns.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The handgun roster still controls SBRs/AOWs/SBSs, so that bill didnt do anything.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2015RS/bills/hb/hb0614T.pdf

I get that they can be concealed, but...

(c) (1) “Handgun” [has the meaning stated in § 4–201 of the Criminal Law
    2 Article] MEANS A PISTOL, A REVOLVER, OR ANY OTHER FIREARM CAPABLE OF BEING
    3 CONCEALED ON THE PERSON.
    4 (2) “HANDGUN” DOES NOT INCLUDE A SHOTGUN, A RIFLE,
    5 A SHORT–BARRELED RIFLE, A SHORT–BARRELED SHOTGUN, OR AN ANTIQUE
    6 FIREARM.

This will be law as of 10/01

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The definition change ONLY affects SBRs/SBSs for the purposes of the handgun roster board. They are still considered handguns otherwise.

Feb 28, 2013
    Reasonable suspicion of what?

Reasonable suspicion of being a gun toting neanderthal who doesn't respect unconstitutional laws rammed through the General Asylum by pantywaists, and likely has a safe full of "military style assault weapons".:rolleyes:

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I would think that the average cop, pulling someone over on a dark and lonely road would feel a little sense of relief if he called a tag in and found out that the owner was a law abiding citizen.

Feb 28, 2013
    I would think that the average cop, pulling someone over on a dark and lonely road would feel a little sense of relief if he called a tag in and found out that the owner was a law abiding citizen.

That would apply in "normal people" counties, but probably not so much in the "Dutch Elm disease of the tree of Liberty" counties.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Oh I hope its true... So they can say buhbye to tourism industry and hope he gets sued left and right.

I hear what you are saying and agree, but to those who say Hogan has not moved fast enough or far enough, this would be right in his wheel house. Anything to impact his goal of bringing business and prosperity back to Maryland would absolutely get his undivided attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom