• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    How in the world is that even legal to notorize a blank paper? And then they even let you leave the building to fill it out.
    Yes. They just had me sign the forms. Then it was up to me to fill everything out all over again. I was in and out. But I thought it was a cheesy way to do business. It would have been more professional to notarize my filled out form after witnessing me signing to the forms. Also with the way that they do it, you do not get an embossed page that a notary stamped tools does to the page.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    All that a notary does is says "yes this is this person and yes they signed it" They have nothing to do with everything else on the paper. only your name, date, signature and there little box to fill out.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    03/13/2012 Fingerprints
    03/14/2012 mailed app.
    03/15/2012 app. received
    03/20/2012 received background check in the mail... all clear
    03/21/2012 check cleared the bank. The number appears to be 81321
    No phone call yet.
    I will update if it happens

Just got my phone call. very short interview
    name
    married
    how many years
    her name and cell number she was at work gave me his name and number for her to call
    verified my reason for wanting a permit
    got my email address

here is the funny part I have a in person scheduled interview at the Westminster barracks on Tuesday morning.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Yes. They just had me sign the forms. Then it was up to me to fill everything out all over again. I was in and out. But I thought it was a cheesy way to do business. It would have been more professional to notarize my filled out form after witnessing me signing to the forms. Also with the way that they do it, you do not get an embossed page that a notary stamped tools does to the page.

The guy at Glen Burnie LiveScan told me this.
    MSP was looking for nitpicky reasons for tossing Apps.
    So he went to MSP and said let's agree on a standard so you do not toss apps for stupid reasons like the notary stamp leaning too far to the left or the right.
    So he was following directions from MSP, use the notary "water-mark" you have in your system and it will be the same on every App.
    So that it why it is like that according to the gentleman at LiveScan, told through any anonymous person on a forum that probably screwed up a few details.

I too was like "I have to fill it out again? Crap..." So I filled it out there in case I messed up something and he could print me out a notized form again.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Application recieved at MSP 3/14/2012
    Check cleared 3/22/2012
    Phone call ----------
    I have no idea what the number wrote on the check is, I used a certified bank check and have to go to the bank in the morning to pick up a copy of it. I will post numbers tomorrow if they are legible.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Why do I have an interview?? I don't know. This trooper scheduled a person to person interview with him. I can only guess he just wanted to do it that way.

Im just confused by the inconsistency. Guess theres no SOP on this cluster-f process now? Two dozen people (reporting here) got 2 minute phone call interviews, now we are hearing about someone being asked to drive 1.5hrs to a non local barracks for a formal sit-down? Just seems wrong, on a few levels.

Put it this way, I have two barracks within 5 miles of my home. I'll either be going to one of those two, or none. (period). There's nothing they can ask me (and/or) I can't answer of the phone.

m0bas

Feb 26, 2012
    Here's a thought.

It is possible that each Trooper assigned to an applicant has a specific way they want to conduct an interview, whether it be by phone or in person. An interview to me is BS in and of itself but wth, if it get's me even a RCH closer to a permit i'll go along with it.

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    Delegate Michael Smigiel replied to my E-mail informing him I had applied. Just like others it says to save your documentation and copy him on any correspondence with the MSP

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo

It doesn't matter... in part because it watched you sign it (the important part) and the other part, if you went to LiveScan, in that he also saw the original with all the info filled out.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    The guy at Glen Burnie LiveScan told me this.
    MSP was looking for nitpicky reasons for tossing Apps.
    So he went to MSP and said let's agree on a standard so you do not toss apps for stupid reasons like the notary stamp leaning too far to the left or the right.
    So he was following directions from MSP, use the notary "water-mark" you have in your system and it will be the same on every App.
    So that it why it is like that according to the gentleman at LiveScan, told through any anonymous person on a forum that probably screwed up a few details.

I too was like "I have to fill it out again? Crap..." So I filled it out there in case I messed up something and he could print me out a notized form again.

Well the thing is I think it just has everything to do with that's an easy way for them to do business and it does not have anything to do with where the stamp is placed or what they have worked out with the MSP. How hard is to stamp a paper where they need to?

I took the time to type up up very neat so it presented well. My hand writing is no where near as good. And do you think they could have this info on their web site before you pay your money and drive all the way down there? When you go down their the got you because you already paid and your not about to start shopping for another place at that point. I feel the should have the ability to stamp/emboss the forms like 99% of notaries do when need be.

I hope I don't have to do this any time soon. But if/when I do, I will not go back their and I will do my best to find what I consider a better deal.

That register ahead of time to get pushed to the front of the line was just a bait and switch steaming pile. When I was down their and from everything I read so far, I bet that place is empty 99% of the time and if you waited to pay when you got there at most you would have been just 2 extra min.

But that's just me.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I did a walk in at Live Scan Glen Burnie, no appointment. One guy came in after me and had an appointment so I had to wait, 5 extra minutes maybe. I just didn't care for how the guy stapled all the papers together with the blank/notarized for in the middle. Made it hard for me to fill out.

euler357

Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Odenton, Marylandistan
    Mine:
    March 06 - Printed Application
    March 06 - Registered at http://www.marylandfingerprinting.com
    March 07 - Got electronic prints, photos, and notary
    March 07 - by noon - mailed application via USPS w/receipt to MSP
    March 08 - Got receipt via email
    March 12 - got background check letter

For my wife Lee:

March 08 - Registered at http://www.marylandfingerprinting.com
    March 09 - Printed Application
    March 09 - Got electronic prints, photos, and notary
    March 10 - by noon - mailed application via USPS Priority w/receipt to MSP
    March 14 - Got background check letter
    March 25 (SUNDAY) - got call from MDSP - asked questions and talked to husband - stated "the state police part is done, we are just waiting on the courts to tell us what to do"

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    March 24 (SATURDAY) - got call from MDSP - asked questions and talked to wife - stated "the state police part is done, we are just waiting on the courts to tell us what to do"

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Read the timeline above, then ask yourself this: Why in the world is (was) it taking people SEVERAL MONTHS to get renewals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom