• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    CROSS POST WARNING :D

Trooper M did my interview today at Aviation boulevard barracks. Theses are the questions I can remember.

QUESTION Answer
    Do you drink alcohol ----------------------Yes Rarely
    Do you use drugs--------------------------No
    What firearm do you plan to carry-------Kahr cw45
    Do you have any training-----------------No, I belong to an indoor range I reload and
    regularly fire 300-500 rounds a month.
    Are you married----------------------------No
    Do you have a girl friend you live with--Yes

My Girlfriend came with me to the interview and the Trooper asked to speak to her for a few minuets before we left. Also in regards to how frequently I went to the range the Trooper looked mildly interested perhaps at a personal level but did not comment further. He then stated he processes the app checks the references then packs it up and sends it on down the line "I'm paraphrasing" And his involvement in the process ends at that point. When I told him what firearm I would carry he told me they would be switching over to Glock from Bretta soon. The trooper was very professional and I in no way felt pressured or intimidated by the questioning or interview process in general. Overall a very pleasant experience I felt as if I was being taken seriously and treated respectfully.

References were contacted today :thumbsup:

Last edited:

m0bas

Feb 26, 2012
    3/12: One Stop Shop MD LiveScan, Mailed app to MSP, Express Mail.
    3/13: Delivery confirmation.
    3/20: Letter from CJIS, No Criminal History.
    3/20: Check cleared bank, number 81229 on check.

I have NOT been called yet for an interview.

UPDATE:
    4/12: Voice mail msg on home phone from MDSP.
    4/13: Setup interview for Tuesday the 17th - Glen Burnie Barracks, Ref's contacted shortly after.

UPDATE:
    4/17: Interview Conducted - Back to the waiting game.

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    I had my interview today at the Bel Air barracks. The trooper was very cordial and we even briefly discussed firearms after the interview. The questions were just as others have stated. Within an hour or so after our interview, he phoned my employer and my spouse. So, at this point, I think everything is finished other than waiting to hear the results of the legal battle.

Nov 13, 2011
    Bethesda, MD
    I had a hearing on the Tuesday night following the court's decision in Wollard. I am awaiting the decision of the Board on my appeal, which typically used to be received within 30 days. The Board was respectful of my application/appeal, but it did not intend to vary the existing requirements or the burden of proof (under the Snowden decision of the MD Ct. Spec. App.). While the Board indicated it might wait for further court guidance before completing action on my appeal, I stated that I did not consent to their not issuing a decision in my case in the ordinary course. Will let you know what happens.

Did you hear from the board?

Mr H

Banana'd
    I'll play... after all, I'm "mostly anonymous"...

LOL

3/6/12 - Filled paperwork
    3/7/12(AM) - Distributed app PDF and info to coworkers <VBG>
    3/7/12(PM) - Registerd with MDLivescan for Monday
    3/8/12 - Planned haircut (sorry... it needs to be part of the process!!)
    3/12/12 - Will be getting prints, etc., and mailing app.
    3/12/12(a) - LiveScan visit complete, copies made, sending Express Mail shortly.
    3/12/12(b) - email sent to Del. Smigiel and MSI confirming submission
    3/13/12 - "Your item was delivered at 10:48 am on March 13, 2012 in PIKESVILLE, MD 21282. The item was signed for by E BROWN."
    3/20/12 - CJIS "Good Boy" letter received
    3/21/12 - Check processed by my Credit union... proc# 81225
    4/12/12- Call received from MSP Glen Burnie, called back left message
    4/13/12(a) - Spoke with TFC Yates, scheduled interview for 4/18/12, 2PM
    4/13/12(b) - references contactd by TFC Yates
    4/18/12 - Interview completed

Very nice interview this afternoon... but came away with some new theory material... more to follow once I digest it.

fireup

Oct 14, 2010
    Catonsville
    App hand delivered 3/9
    Check cashed 3/12

Called today (4/18) to schedule an interview for later this month. Was asked to verify my references.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I had my interview today at waterloo. The trooper was very professional and even sympathetic to my reasons for a permit. He did ask me about my mental health, the doctors I have seen and how frequent, what medications I was on and why. He did not ask for a note. He also asked how many firearms I owned and made a copy of my Utah permit.

He ended by saying after he typed everything up it goes to pikesville and gave me a number to call to check on the status. He told me my permit had a deadline of 4/19 but he would have it in Pikesville by Monday. He said he has no real bearing on if its denied or approved but wished me luck.

When did they receive your app?

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Jeez, I don't know about these questions. I included a local LEO that I've known for around 15 years now (since he was a kid) as one of my references. I'm not sure how far he would be able to go with commenting on my alcohol consumption though.....?

And, whats the point? Isn't alcohol still a legal drug?

Well sure it is, and they want to find out if you legally enjoy that legal drug every hour of every day

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Yeah that's kinda weird. WTF does a drivers license have to do with a permit. Next thing you know they will be passing laws about speeding while carrying or unrestrained driver while carrying.:sad20:

I know it sounds crazy to us but to them a bad driving record shows them if you're the kind of person that follows the law or not.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I know it sounds crazy to us but to them a bad driving record shows them if you're the kind of person that follows the law or not.

No that just shows them that you have been caught, I'm sure there a lot of people who break laws who are never caught, all this is is kinda like strong-arming someone.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    They did look at my DL and wrote down the number. I wonder if MD will/does tie your DL with your permit. That way when they run your DL or pull you over, they know if you MAY have a permitted firearm onboard. But why would they go through a driving record?... I have no idea.

A Secret Service investigater told me your driving record is used to see if you think following the laws is important to you or are you a person that bends and breaks laws.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    I had my interview today at waterloo. The trooper was very professional and even sympathetic to my reasons for a permit. He did ask me about my mental health, the doctors I have seen and how frequent, what medications I was on and why. He did not ask for a note. He also asked how many firearms I owned and made a copy of my Utah permit.

He ended by saying after he typed everything up it goes to pikesville and gave me a number to call to check on the status. He told me my permit had a deadline of 4/19 but he would have it in Pikesville by Monday. He said he has no real bearing on if its denied or approved but wished me luck.

Do you happen to know why the trooper said deadline of 4/19?
    Interesting in that it coincides with the court deadline.

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    19 MAR 2012 Mailed

20 MAR 2012 Arrived

22 MAR 2012 Received Letter from Department of Public Safety and Correctional Division

23 MAR 2012 Check Cashed

Still haven't heard a blessed thing from them...

Live in the Rockville Area...

I wonder if answering that you have been arrested causes issues, even if you have never been conviected, etc.? -semi smile-

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    A Secret Service investigater told me your driving record is used to see if you think following the laws is important to you or are you a person that bends and breaks laws.

Don't forget, you DL number is also used to pull up all regulated firearm purchases that take place while you've lived in Maryland.

Any officer can call in and get that info...

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi

Shows me if someone is smart enough or wealthy enough to get a lawyer.

I have a clean record, ahehehe. :rolleyes: ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom