• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    I've done it!

I've created the Evil Rimfire Steel Clanger

This one is a 1 inch clanger and posted at 100 yards will drive you crazy maybe even mad.

Now it just needs to go to the welder for final welding.

My new tower of fun will have targets sizes of 3, 2.5, 2, 1.5, 1 inch steel targets.

Pictures to come after it gets painted and is ready for abuse from the .17HMR

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    100 yards with a 22 LR, great for practicing breathing and trigger control, clanger built by damifinowfish last year for me, I told him I need a smaller one.

Attachments

• IMG_1560.jpg
      IMG_1560.jpg
      111.6 KB · Views: 317

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    This is the Evil Target ready to be welded. After welding the hose clamps will come off. The flat bar will be cut off after welding.

lets see if I can post pictures

DF

Attachments

• evil target a.jpg
      evil target a.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 309

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    More pictures of the Evil Target!

It's three inches long to add some mass to the target to slow down the movement if and when it gets hit!

Next time I put the Dog out I'll take pictures of the 1.5 inch round target.

I sell my larger creations at the AGC. They are $40 (mild steel) & $50 (1/4 in thick AR500 steel).
    They come with the 42 inch high by 14 inch wide wood frame.
    I even have some 6 inch round 3/8 inch thick Black Powder mild steel targets at the $40 price.
    These 3/8 thick targets are good for pistols use if you have a place to shoot them!
    If you just want the steel target & chain but NO FRAME just take $10 off the price.
    There are some oversize targets priced at $40 for the target & chain only.

Attachments

• evil target B.jpg
      evil target B.jpg
      57.6 KB · Views: 295
    • evil target c.jpg
      evil target c.jpg
      76.8 KB · Views: 290
    • evil target D.jpg
      evil target D.jpg
      68.2 KB · Views: 294

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    Here are some more of my targets.

The Turtle & Rat are for sale.

Attachments

• steel tower A.jpg
      steel tower A.jpg
      66.5 KB · Views: 284
    • steel tower B.jpg
      steel tower B.jpg
      31.8 KB · Views: 268
    • steel tower C.jpg
      steel tower C.jpg
      51.4 KB · Views: 283

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    What is pictured is A36 mild steel.

I sell a few round AR500 for that speedy 17 wsm.

All of the silhouette type targets I sell are mild steel.

Currently the range were I shoot only allows steel to be shot with rim fire or black powder at 100 yards.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    More pictures of the Evil Target!

It's three inches long to add some mass to the target to slow down the movement if and when it gets hit!

Next time I put the Dog out I'll take pictures of the 1.5 inch round target.

I sell my larger creations at the AGC. They are $40 (mild steel) & $50 (1/4 in thick AR500 steel).
    They come with the 42 inch high by 14 inch wide wood frame.
    I even have some 6 inch round 3/8 inch thick Black Powder mild steel targets at the $40 price.
    These 3/8 thick targets are good for pistols use if you have a place to shoot them!
    If you just want the steel target & chain but NO FRAME just take $10 off the price.
    There are some oversize targets priced at $40 for the target & chain only.

Any chance you sell a "tower of fun" creation as well? Definitely would be fun shooting multiple steel targets rather than swapping one target out for another.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    Any chance you sell a "tower of fun" creation as well? Definitely would be fun shooting multiple steel targets rather than swapping one target out for another.

Come talk to me. Anything is possible! You just need to figure out how tall a frame you can transport to the range and what type of targets you want!

DF

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    I bought a 3/8" ar500 "seconds" round plate of yours at the AGC. I know it's rimfire only at the range but this was definitely marked ar500. It's a pink 6" round plate. Was it mislabeled or do you remember making it? I bought it at the beginning of July.

Just want to make sure before I send some 5.56 whistling through it. Thanks for making these btw!

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    I was able to buy a bunch of second quality AR500 targets for a good price to keep things affordable. The metal is AR500 but the cutting of the target was not first rate. Yes it is AR500 if it was marked as AR500.

You just bought a higher quality steel target then the mild A36 steel targets.

I'm Just trying to improve the quality of the targets as time goes on and keep the price affordable at the same time.

There is nothing wrong with the mild A36 steel targets but over time with .17HMR and .22 mag you will start to see tiny dimples on the surface of the steel target.

The more I make these steel targets the better they become. When I can find targets made out of AR500 at a fair price I like to use that steel just because you end up with a higher grade steel target in the end. There is a fine line between the quality of the target and what people are willing to pay for that target. I some times spend over $300 on a tower of fun for myself, but I know nobody will pay that much for one for themselves.

DF

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    These little dimples on Augie's A36 steel target I think are from the 17 HMR or the .22 mag.

It doesn't hurt the target it just give the target patina over time.

Attachments

• snall chicken dimples.JPG
      snall chicken dimples.JPG
      16.1 KB · Views: 158

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads