• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Just finished with MSP. It takes half a day to get fingerprinted, get the passport photos, and to personally deliver the forms to the MSP.

null

Troll in training
    May 10, 2011
    Pasadena
    Does anyone know if a lower that has rollmarks for a specific caliber (ex. .223/5.56mm) be registered and built into a pistol and then SBR of a different caliber?

matt_yamaha_guy_450

Jun 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Does anyone know if a lower that has rollmarks for a specific caliber (ex. .223/5.56mm) be registered and built into a pistol and then SBR of a different caliber?

As far as i know your lower should say "multi" to use as say a 9mm or whatever else you wanted. If its says 5.56 i think it needs to stay 5.56

null

Troll in training
    May 10, 2011
    Pasadena
    As far as i know your lower should say "multi" to use as say a 9mm or whatever else you wanted. If its says 5.56 i think it needs to stay 5.56

Thanks,
    Sounds like I need to pull the carbine buffer off and replace with a pistol buffer on my "Multi" marked Spikes lower and use that carbine buffer to build my new 5.56/.223 Anderson as a carbine.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    If you put a stock on that lower, it is technically a rifle and illegal to make into a pistol now.

Unless you built it as a pistol FIRST.

null

Troll in training
    May 10, 2011
    Pasadena
    Thanks, I think I need to do more research before I touch the current rifle and work on the pistol build.

buktseat

Shootist, Gent, Scholar
    Sep 30, 2014
    Westminster
    Hey, what's the deal with the part about the trusts being removed until the ATF gets their mind made up about trust transfers? Considering an SBR build and a can, and I have lots of questions - first of which involves setting up a trust.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Trusts are NOT removed.

There is a mandate on BATFE to address trust issues, that they MIGHT act on sometime this year. The issue is that someone can be added to a trust with no check on who they are and if they a banned from owning firearms.

But until that action is taken, it is business as usual for trusts.

buktseat

Shootist, Gent, Scholar
    Sep 30, 2014
    Westminster
    How has this changed?

Regarding the new executive actions, can anyone who's done the research comment on the relative impact to the usefulness and attainability of NFA items through a trust?

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Pretty much just like they stated with the exception of form 5330.20.

They explain schedules A,B and C in the Q & A at the end of the page. Basically, it was just some extra ownership schedules they added to thier trust. The 199trust that you have, only has a schedule A.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Regarding the new executive actions, can anyone who's done the research comment on the relative impact to the usefulness and attainability of NFA items through a trust?

With the new rules, the main advantage of a trust will be allowing more than one person access to NFA items. All the trustees have unfettered access to the item.

Trusts also clearly state who has comtrol of the items andwho will get control upon the death of the trustees.

The laat advantage is that trustees (responsible persons) will not need to submit prints or pictures if they have an approval in the prior 6mos.

Hopefully they will come up with a way that we can still efile.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Pretty much just like they stated with the exception of form 5330.20.

They explain schedules A,B and C in the Q & A at the end of the page. Basically, it was just some extra ownership schedules they added to thier trust. The 199trust that you have, only has a schedule A.

So, then, with the 199Trust we do not need to send in Schedules B and C?

Thanks!

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Will the ATF accept a check from my personal checking account for the $200 tax stamp. I'm aware that one can use a money order, but I prefer to use a regular check, so I can see when it was cashed?

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Personal checks are fine. I use them for that very reason

Thank you kind sir!

If I setup a checking account for the Trust only, I wouldn't have to list all the checking account monetary transactions on Schedule A, would I? I would merely list the actual item purchased, say, a surpressor, on Schedule A after receiving the Tax Stamp from ATF. Just record the item purchased on Schedule A , not the cash transactions.
    I think that I have this right.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    With the new rules, the main advantage of a trust will be allowing more than one person access to NFA items. All the trustees have unfettered access to the item.

Trusts also clearly state who has comtrol of the items andwho will get control upon the death of the trustees.

The laat advantage is that trustees (responsible persons) will not need to submit prints or pictures if they have an approval in the prior 24 mos.

Hopefully they will come up with a way that we can still efile.

I am pretty sure it is 24 months, as long as no changes to the trust (adding or removing trustees).

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I don't leave any money in the checking account. Find out how much the item is, put that much plus $200 into the checking account, write checks, move on.

I only list the actual NFA items. The checking account statements suffice to cover the tiny bit of money that stays.

And I have heard that people have submitted without Attachment A and been approved.

BATFE KNOWS what you have. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom