• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    Hope you will get a real vortex soon. Please keep us posted because I am pretty sure few of us are tempting to get one in that price.

I was prompted to use paypal for payment and got an email from Paypal regarding the upcoming charge, it's a buy now pay later option, so they won't officially bill my account for a couple of weeks.

That being said, the seller claims to ship same day if the order is before 3pm.
    I place mine after 3pm a couple days ago and so far received no tracking number. I responded to the purchase confirmation email from the seller and asked for a tracking number at lunch. If I don't hear anything this time tomorrow, I'll report the situation to Paypal as suspicious activity.

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    I was prompted to use paypal for payment and got an email from Paypal regarding the upcoming charge, it's a buy now pay later option, so they won't officially bill my account for a couple of weeks.

That being said, the seller claims to ship same day if the order is before 3pm.
    I place mine after 3pm a couple days ago and so far received no tracking number. I responded to the purchase confirmation email from the seller and asked for a tracking number at lunch. If I don't hear anything this time tomorrow, I'll report the situation to Paypal as suspicious activity.

Well one thing good about PayPal is that if you don't get your item you will get your money back. Is the buy now pay later option mendatory?

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    Well one thing good about PayPal is that if you don't get your item you will get your money back. Is the buy now pay later option mendatory?

I think it's a setting you can choose as a default? Even when I've used the buy now feature on Ebay, it's usually a week or two after receiving the item that my bank account is hit. There was an option when I viewed the PP transaction number on the receipt to pay now and not wait.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    I'm curious to see how this goes.

Package arrived today, the same day I received a tracking number?
    Have to hand it to them for fast delivery.

Shipped from WEST BRANCH, MI 48661, which matches the general location of the website about us section.

Don't know if Vortex uses serial numbers or anything to verify it's not grey market. I'll mount it on a 10/22 tonight and give a range report hopefully Sunday.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Package arrived today, the same day I received a tracking number?
    Have to hand it to them for fast delivery.

Shipped from WEST BRANCH, MI 48661, which matches the general location of the website about us section.

Don't know if Vortex uses serial numbers or anything to verify it's not grey market. I'll mount it on a 10/22 tonight and give a range report hopefully Sunday.
    I would call Vortex to see what they have to say about how to verify authenticity.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    Just got home and opened the box. The packaging as well as the contents appear quite legit. All the features appear to work and it's got some heft.
    Comes with lens caps connected by elastic bands(std factory fair), a detailed manual explaining all the features, a tag elastic banded to the scope advising use of a inc/pound screwdriver for mounting scope and contact info., a large cleaning cloth with the vortex logo on it.

After seeing the other thread, I was quite concerned, but this appears to be the real deal. If something appears off at the range, I'll post a warning.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Just got home and opened the box. The packaging as well as the contents appear quite legit. All the features appear to work and it's got some heft.
    Comes with lens caps connected by elastic bands(std factory fair), a detailed manual explaining all the features, a tag elastic banded to the scope advising use of a inc/pound screwdriver for mounting scope and contact info., a large cleaning cloth with the vortex logo on it.

After seeing the other thread, I was quite concerned, but this appears to be the real deal. If something appears off at the range, I'll post a warning.

Before you mount it and take it to the range, call Vortex and find out if you got the real deal or a knock off that is a really good clone.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    Before you mount it and take it to the range, call Vortex and find out if you got the real deal or a knock off that is a really good clone.

No offense, but I really don't know what they can tell me over the phone.
    I've been on their site and this scope looks exactly like their pics and the ones posted by owners along with the accessories in the box.

In hindsight, after reading the other post, I probably would have passed, but it's here and looks legit, so I'm going to test it out before demanding a refund or waging a complaint through PP

I went through this with some buis that came on a used AR, it was supposed to be a KAC rear turret sight but the front post was ready to fall out by time is was high enough to use at 100yds. Called/emailed KAC, sent them detailed pics and they couldn't verify anything. In that case, the rear could still have been legit, but designed for the standard front sight and not a folding one.

I'm actually going to use this on a Vepr 7.62x54r to see if it's the real deal. The Vortex site acknowledged this scope, with proper mounting,was more than adequate to handle that round.

I'm not advising anyone to buy from this vendor at this point. Someone already said Vortex does not recognize them as a distributor.

That being said, it doesn't mean they couldn't have bought out somebodies inventory and are able to sell at a lower price. This scope has sold for less at reputable online stores during sales events per comments by others.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    No offense, but I really don't know what they can tell me over the phone.

Does it have a serial number? If so, I should hope Vortex can verify it as legit if you call. I'm curious to know, since real Crossfire scopes are made in China, a country with rampant intellectual property theft and counterfeiting.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    ^^^^Bingo...

Their CS hours are not convenient for me to call, I did shoot them an email with my concerns about a possible grey market item from an unauthorized dealer, gave them the web ad link at Blundergat, a pic of the box end with the sku and asked for any tell-tell signs of a fake.

Got ahead of myself with the Vepr testdrive, don't even have a scope mount system for that rifle yet. Looks like either a 10/22 or 5.56 AR carbine will have to do for the testing.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    Their CS hours are not convenient for me to call, I did shoot them an email with my concerns about a possible grey market item from an unauthorized dealer, gave them the web ad link at Blundergat, a pic of the box end with the sku and asked for any tell-tell signs of a fake.

here is the email response I received today

"Thank you for taking the time to write in!

This scope looks good-to-go! Thank you for choosing Vortex Optics, and have a blast out there on the range!

Regards,

Ryan Muckenhirn
    Sales Associate
    Vortex Optics
    2120 W Greenview Dr
    Middleton, WI 53562
    Phone (608)826-6280
    Toll Free (800) 426-0048 ext 280
    Fax (608)662-7454
    rmuckenhirn@vortexoptics.com"

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    here is the email response I received today

"Thank you for taking the time to write in!

This scope looks good-to-go! Thank you for choosing Vortex Optics, and have a blast out there on the range!

Regards,

Ryan Muckenhirn
    Sales Associate
    Vortex Optics
    2120 W Greenview Dr
    Middleton, WI 53562
    Phone (608)826-6280
    Toll Free (800) 426-0048 ext 280
    Fax (608)662-7454
    rmuckenhirn@vortexoptics.com"

Good for you and thanks for letting us know. Does the scope come with a 3" sunshade? Maybe some pictures of the scope?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom