• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    Seriously.

I'm an M&P guy. Was a SIG fan before that. Never a fanboi, always saw handguns as tools...Once they suck...they suck (like SIGs do now). When my M&Ps fail me, they'll suck too.

I've never understood the draw of 1911s. Old design. Too much maintenance. Low capacity...

But...

Now I want one. A Springfiled MC Operator. A Colt M45(variant). A Nighthawk/WC/Les Baer Custom. I just want one and I don't know why.

Cure me.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Seriously.

I'm an M&P guy. Was a SIG fan before that. Never a fanboi, always saw handguns as tools...Once they suck...they suck (like SIGs do now). When my M&Ps fail me, they'll suck too.

I've never understood the draw of 1911s. Old design. Too much maintenance. Low capacity...

But...

Now I want one. A Springfiled MC Operator. A Colt M45(variant). A Nighthawk/WC/Les Baer Custom. I just want one and I don't know why.

Cure me.

I don't do much to mine other than keep it reasonably clean. Works like a charm every time.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Yeah, not happening. Just go buy one already. Then start saving incase you decide to buy a second.

Oh and to the maintenance, it doesn't require any more than any modern service pistol.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I don't think there are many people here that will try to talk you OUT of buying one. I think you should make the plunge. Join the dark side.... We have cookies!

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    If you believe a firearm is a tool, then a 1911 is a great choice. I think the Springfield Range Officer is an excellent choice for a 1911 and it shoots great as well.

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    You guys suck.

Not helpful at all.

I want one even more now. (I gotta admit, the promise of cookies is tempting...)

But why? WHY do I want one? I'm a rational, modern, educated shooter. Why a 1911? DAMMIT!

Seriously, though. I've never understood the draw until recently handling one. I carry everyday (M&P), and now I'm wondering how I could carry a custom 1911. Weird.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    You guys suck.

Not helpful at all.

I want one even more now. (I gotta admit, the promise of cookies is tempting...)

But why? WHY do I want one? I'm a rational, modern, educated shooter. Why a 1911? DAMMIT!

Seriously, though. I've never understood the draw until recently handling one. I carry everyday (M&P), and now I'm wondering how I could carry a custom 1911. Weird.
    OWB or IWB...

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    You guys suck.

Not helpful at all.

Have you fired one?

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    There is room to be a fan of a modern, polymer semi and the trusted and classic 1911. Not all 1911s are unreliable. I love them and their design still has a place. I routinely carry a 3" 9mm 1911 when I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom