• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    He thinks his cheap $40 rails airsoft rails are just as good as my daniel defense rails. Hes trying to explain how i pissed away 300 bux bc the cheap rails he picked up at a gunshow are made of the same aluminium and since they are thicker and heavier they will withstand more abuse. He wants to bet a $400 aimpoint on it.

I instructed him watch the dd torture video but id like to get some insight from they fella's on the forum.

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    Unless you destroy both rails with testing you wont be able to prove anything to win the bet. Airsoft equipment is usually made with similar but cheaper metals. They can take abuse but not to the extent a real rifle would be put through. They also they don't have to withstand heat from a barrel.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    To be honest Daniel Defense rails are average. Expensive and heavy. It will outlast the airsoft rail, I'd bet on it. But it is no different from any other rifle rail IE Midwest industries, KAC, YHM, etc.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I told him we're doing this. Ive got nothing to fear. Hes a member on here, hes watching the thread, he wont say nothing though hahaa

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    It's actually kind of funny, a lot of people talk about they rails the same way women talk about shoes. A plain Jane basic rail works as well as any of the fancy cutout styles, i guess some people think a better rail will somehow magically make them a more proficient shooter.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    It's actually kind of funny, a lot of people talk about they rails the same way women talk about shoes. A plain Jane basic rail works as well as any of the fancy cutout styles, i guess some people think a better rail will somehow magically make them a more proficient shooter.

I dont believe it makes me a better shooter. This is in reference to durability mainly.

ridethemessiah

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2012
    Cecil County
    these airsoft guys are pretty serious about their game. The companies are making almost exact copies of the real thing. I mean christ, the airsoft M93r actually has 3 round burst. Your buddy might just have himself a set of bonafide rails.

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    these airsoft guys are pretty serious about their game. The companies are making almost exact copies of the real thing. I mean christ, the airsoft M93r actually has 3 round burst. Your buddy might just have himself a set of bonafide rails.

Yep, we used an Airsoft scope on a Barrett .50 cal, and it stood up just fine.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co

The guys that are that serious use real name brand rails. Anything made to be marketed to the airsoft community is made of cheap pot metal. If it's as cheap as the op says, I'd bet a good solid hit with a sledge hammer would mangle it up if not crack it.

cjl7

Apr 2, 2012
    Theres not enough detail on what brand of airsoft rail your comparing too. But Daniel Defense rails are CNC machined out of 6016-T6 aluminum. SOME airsoft rails are the same aluminum. So from a materials standpoint, I don't see why a $300 one should be stronger than a $40. But, the Daniel does have a hard anodized finish the airsoft ones don't, so yours should stay prettier longer ;)

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I dont believe it makes me a better shooter. This is in reference to durability mainly.

I don't see where a DD or Noveske, etc. rail is anymore durable or useful than "lesser" brands. Is there anything that proves that point or is everyone drinking the Kool-aid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom