• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    Just apply for a CCW as your qualifying factor. Kinda how people walk around with their gov IDs when they're out to lunch. Some are even
    color coded for clearance level. Other not so friendly nations know what ids we use and that's like painting a target on yourself.
    Like in the military that you're not supposed to be flashing your ID off post or hanging out un your BDUs at the bar etc.

That's what I did for mine told them that due to my clearance I am a valid target for foreign agents. Plus I live in MoCo so that helps. Most of the "dignitaries" live here spying ontge regular person to see if they can compromise them.

booo

Last edited:

pablo

Backpfeifengesicht
    Oct 13, 2009
    Baltimore City
    Just apply for a CCW as your qualifying factor. Kinda how people walk around with their gov IDs when they're out to lunch. Some are even
    color coded for clearance level. Other not so friendly nations know what ids we use and that's like painting a target on yourself.
    Like in the military that you're not supposed to be flashing your ID off post or hanging out un your BDUs at the bar etc.

That's what I did for mine told them that due to my clearance I am a valid target for foreign agents. Plus I live in MoCo so that helps. Most of the "dignitaries" live here spying ontge regular person to see if they can compromise them.

Which of these did you claim:

HANDGUN PERMIT CATEGORY:
    a) Owner or Employee of a Business:
    b) Professional Activities: Doctors, Pharmacies, etc
    c) Correctional Officers:
    d) Former Police Officer:
    e) Private Detective/Security Guard/Special Police & Railroad Police Commissions:
    f) Personal Protection: There must be documented evidence of recent threats, robberies, and/or assaults, supported by official police reports or notarized statements from witnesses.

If f), how did you get around the documented evidence? Is this where you explain your clearance status?

buzzzyy

Big Member
    Nov 6, 2007
    Aspen Hill
    good luck, you would need to be hired by a company willing to pay to have you cleared.
    it aint cheap... and no, i don't have one.

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    I would revoke some clearances based on what I've read in this thread. Some people need to STFU.

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    I had Special Access clearance for 30 years. When I retired I had contractors begging to hire me. Having the secuity tickets saves them a ton of money and you can be placed in a job position immediately.

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    FYI: the clearance thing is a little joke. So don't take me seriously about the CCW thing. It's along the same lines as MoCo only CCW.

Back on topic you need to be sponsored to get a clearance. I am not 100% sure of the $10k-$50k thing. The numbers always fly around from what the actual
    cost is. There are a few agencies out there that will sponsor you depending on your skill set. Like a seasoned cyber security proffessional or Unix Engineers.

Or depending on yor education you can apply for a federal job with one of te three letter agencies or join the military. It's the sponsorship that will get you. It's up to the Fed Agency to sponsor you, if it's a private company it's upto them to present you to their client. A friend of mine is an electrical engineer and he got hired by Booze Allen and sponsored. Another friend of mine is a Software Engineer with a few of the big Cyber Certifications and the company that picked him up got him a TS/SCI with a Full Scope Polygraph quick. I mean really quick, clearance processes take anywere from 6-18 months depending on the agency. He got his in like half the time bit he's unique because he's an experienced software engineer with 2 of the bigger cyber certifications.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I would revoke some clearances based on what I've read in this thread. Some people need to STFU.

I don't think I've seen anything that isn't open source. I will agree that it might be in poor taste to discuss this in much depth.

Mark

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    The basis of my post is in regard to maturity necessary for and the seriousness of holding a TS SCI clearance or any clearance for that matter. It is not a get around for obtaining a carry permit or even a legitimate reason for obtaining one. Although a holding a TS clearance may result in economic reward upon leaving military or government service, it should be considered a honor and privilege in defending our Nation, not a means for economic reward. There are plenty of examples of individuals with that type of mentality who held high level clearances and then betrayed our Country for the almighty dollar.

snavematt

say what?
    May 19, 2009
    Stafford, VA as of 5/7/13
    The basis of my post is in regard to maturity necessary for and the seriousness of holding a TS SCI clearance or any clearance for that matter. It is not a get around for obtaining a carry permit or even a legitimate reason for obtaining one. Although a holding a TS clearance may result in economic reward upon leaving military or government service, it should be considered a honor and privilege in defending our Nation, not a means for economic reward. There are plenty of examples of individuals with that type of mentality who held high level clearances and then betrayed our Country for the almighty dollar.

Even with a TS/SCI you will not get a carry permit period. And whats wrong with getting paid for being cleared at a high level, as you know the responsibilities are great, and you should be rewarded as such.

For great read, he is a link on clearance decisions
    http://www.dod.mil/dodgc/doha/industrial/

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    there will, and always will be espionage as long as other countries want information, there is ALWAYS someone out there who's attracted by the dollar sign.

although i dont think anyone in here said anything about a holding a clearance being a work around for a CCW, more like most ppl in here already HAVE a clearance and was wondering if this was the case

obviously now, we know it's not.

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    Folks, let's keep in mind this is open forum....as in open to the internets.

snapshot.jpg

The 2 guests? Might be members that didn't bother to log in, might be someone snooping. Just a thought.

edit 2 members and 3 guests as of this posting @1719

pablo

Backpfeifengesicht
    Oct 13, 2009
    Baltimore City

...anyone need help down from their high horse...anyone?

snavematt

say what?
    May 19, 2009
    Stafford, VA as of 5/7/13
    yes someone will always sell out and be a traitor, I dont think anyone on here except maybe one person I worked with knows what I do, and even they dont know who I work with.
    Nothing on here is INFOSEC nor nothing that cant be seen google-ing TS/SCI clearance process or how to obtain one

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Well I agree with you on some points Kevp, that was a good post, as there is a level of maturity that is absolutely necessary to maintain the secrets that some are entrusted with. I also agree that the desire to get a clearance should have to do with something more than chasing money, but I do feel that it's obvious that those who have these clearances do enjoy a level of employability not shared by others who lack these clearances.

I don't serve in the military for the money, that's for sure, but I do rather well not withstanding that fact I'm not going to pretend that I suffer. I consider it a privilege to serve, whether I get a clearance or not has nothing to do with me looking for money... actually, I'd just as soon not have one as have one. Giving clearances to people who are only interested in improving their financial position seems to be a bad idea, just as joining the military for the money is a sure path to unhappiness. So I agree that focusing on the money and not the mission misses the point of why we have these clearances and why they are important.

I don't think however anyone has crossed the line where revoking a clearance is in order.

Mark

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    If I ruffled some feathers I apologized. As always I am a smart ass and someone posted a valid question and I tried to reply with seriousness after a little jest that I always make.

The only thing that I said that might help him was relating to educational requirements, experience or both. So again, I apologize if I ruffled some feathers for insinuating that it's a valid option to obtain a MD CCW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom