• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    There was a recent book titled "Head Shot," I believe. The author, a physicist, maintained the shot that hit the head was a .220 Swift, as the Carcano round did not have enough velocity to cause such extensive damage. And of course this opens up the conspiracy angle, but he was just interested in the shooting aspect.

I met Gunny Hathcock back in the early 1980s when I was stationed down at Quantico. He used to come by the weapons training battalion, where the sniper school was located. He never said anything about redoing the Oswald shot!

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I dont remember his theory, but I do remember he was involved in the investigations. I was kid. He was Mr Howard to me. He was however friends with my dad. When I was old enough, I bought firearms from him. He was just about retired at that point.

That man forgot more about guns, shooting, ballistics, etc, than most will ever know.

Interesting guy.

When my friend and I bought our .45s from him, he had to order them (no one had them in stock), but they took a while to get. So he would loan us a .45 to go shoot until ours showed up.

Also taught us some tricks on shooting and practicing for bullseye shooting.

I think whats always been questionable/suspicious is the "possibility" that a single shooter from the location Oswald shot from was able to make a couple bullets make so many right angle turns to cause all of the wounds it did
    The testing was done at Edgewood Arsenal, specifically the Wound Ballistics Lab. I knew one of the report's authors, the best statistician I've ever met. He told me that yes, the magic bullet could have done that.

Simulations of the three shots were tried by the Army's Ballistic Research Lab at Aberdeen, and also sponsored by CBS at HP White in Street, MD.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    There was a recent book titled "Head Shot," I believe. The author, a physicist, maintained the shot that hit the head was a .220 Swift, as the Carcano round did not have enough velocity to cause such extensive damage. And of course this opens up the conspiracy angle, but he was just interested in the shooting aspect.

I met Gunny Hathcock back in the early 1980s when I was stationed down at Quantico. He used to come by the weapons training battalion, where the sniper school was located. He never said anything about redoing the Oswald shot!

the article I referenced said in the 90's I believe...I doubt he would talk about such a shot even if he did try it...to a training battalion...just my opinion...

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    the article I referenced said in the 90's I believe...I doubt he would talk about such a shot even if he did try it...to a training battalion...just my opinion...

The Weapons Training Battalion runs the rifle ranges at Quantico and includes the sniper school and markmanship training at the base, as well as setting standards for weapons used in the USMC.

RichardM333

Sep 3, 2015
    JFK could only have been killed in one of three ways: by Lee Harvey Oswald, by a conspiracy, or by friendly fire.

Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock is skeptical of Oswald's alleged shooting feat. Hathcock was a former senior instructor at the U. S. Marine Corps Sniper Instruction School at Quantico, Virginia. He has been described as the most famous American military sniper in history. In Vietnam he was credited with 93 confirmed kills. Craig Roberts asked Hathcock about the marksmanship feat attributed to Oswald by the Warren Commission. Hathcock answered that he did not believe Oswald could have done what the Commission said he did. Added Hathcock:

"Let me tell you what we did at Quantico. We reconstructed the whole thing: the angle, the range, the moving target, the time limit, the obstacles, everything. I don't know how many times we tried it, but we couldn't duplicate what the Warren Commission said Oswald did."

If a conspiracy killed JFK, Bobby Kennedy would have gone after the killers of his brother with the full powers of the federal government. Bobby had a reputation as a ruthless and relentless investigator. There is absolutely no evidence that Bobby Kennedy pursued an investigation for any alleged conspirators.

On November 22, 1963, as the presidential motorcade drove slowly through Dealey Plaza, something caused a loud noise, amplified by the surrounding buildings. Most bystanders said it sounded like a firecracker. Some thought it was a cherry bomb or a backfire. Secret Service agent George Hickey, riding in the left rear seat of the Secret Service follow-up car thought it was a gunshot. He picked up an AR-15 with a round already in the chamber, flicked off the safety, and pointed the weapon to the left rear of the car, looking for a target.

Hickey, a non-drinker, an agent of only four months service at the time and normally just a driver, was given the job of commanding the AR-15, a weapon he had never qualified on and capable of firing a three-round-burst with one trigger pull. Hickey stood on the back seat of a moving vehicle. Seeing nothing to shoot at, he turned towards the front of the car, pointing his weapon in the general direction of the presidential limo. At that moment, the driver of the car applied the brakes. He thought the loud noise was a blown tire and he wanted to see if he still had control of the car. He didn't know Hickey was behind him with a weapon ready to fire. Hickey lost his footing after the brakes were applied and reflexively gripped the weapon, inadvertently squeezing the trigger, and fired a three-round-burst, killing Kennedy and wounding Governor Connally.

Hickey was apparently assigned to the protective detail because some of the other agents were too drunk to work. The agents who were drinkers stayed up till 5:00 am the night before, drinking heavily. One agent even lost his Secret Service ID. Hickey was hand-picked by JFK to be on his detail. Hickey admired and respected JFK and would gladly have laid down his life to protect him. JFK didn't die because he was hated. JFK died because he was loved too much.

The next day, all AR-15's were removed from the Secret Service armory.

Bobby Kennedy was the fixer. He ordered the cover-up. He was the only one who had the authority to order the arrest and execution of Lee Harvey Oswald to deflect the blame and protect the government from world-wide shame. All videos taken by bystanders were confiscated. The videos released to the public were edited by having the origin of the fatal shots removed from the film.

The Oswald family was given $500,000 as a consolation. Oswald's family was given a medal honoring LHO in a private ceremony, but not allowed to keep the medal. Oswald gave his life for his country and damned for all eternity because of the incompetence of the Secret Service. Since then, the government has manufactured enough B.S. to fill the Grand Canyon to bury the truth as deeply as possible.

Read "The Death of A President" by William Manchester for the hints of truth written between the lines of the Official Lies. Read "Mortal Error" by Bonar Menniger for the ballistics analysis. And read "The Echo from Dealey Plaza" by Abraham Bolden, the only black agent in the Secret Service who described the legendary partying of JFK's Secret Service detail, and how he was railroaded to prison on trumped up charges by his fellow agents for telling the Warren Commission the truth about the Secret Service's role in the "assassination."

The Secret Service website says they take gun safety very seriously, a harsh lesson they will never forget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom