• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    These are the 1911's I currently own. The S&W's have been very good to me. Both are very accurate. The one on top is a Doug Koenig Professional Series in 45acp. Trigger pull on this thing is 3 lbs. The other Smith is a 9mm Pro series.Trigger pull is 4 lbs. Both are out of the box that way and were had for hundreds less than list price.

Attachments

• 1911 family 001.jpg
      1911 family 001.jpg
      50.7 KB · Views: 174

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    I'd like to thank you all deeply for talking me out of a 1911....NOT.

Purchased a Springfield MC Operator today ( from this thread ).

Looking forward to picking it up. Now ISO good mags, a holster or two and AMMO. Let the good times roll...

Edit: Any advice for a new 1911 owner is most welcome. I'm no firearms beginner, but this is my first 1911.

Attachments

• PX9110MLP.jpg
      PX9110MLP.jpg
      50.5 KB · Views: 144

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland

Looking forward to picking it up. Now ISO good mags, a holster or two and AMMO. Let the good times roll...

Edit: Any advice for a new 1911 owner is most welcome. I'm no firearms beginner, but this is my first 1911.

Very pretty.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Haha, now you will find out that you need to spend half what you paid for the pisfol to purchase mags! Wilson Combat 8 rounders are very reliable, but even a good deal are going to run $30 plus. Save your dough, don't buy cheap mags!

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011

http://idiotscratch.com/buy-now.shtml#1911-ELITE

As for magazines stick to 8 round CMC powermag's, 8 round Wilson Combat ETM's and 8 round Tripp research mags.

wrc

unexpected T_STRING in
    May 31, 2012
    AACO

• Get a cheap-but-decent bushing wrench. Buy at least five of them. You will leave them all over in random places.
    • Use Colt-branded Checkmate magazines. Buy them from Brownells to avoid counterfeits.
    • Don't mess with the good thing until you shoot it a bunch to know what it should feel like.

BH8911

Jan 27, 2015
    Colt.jpg
    Sorry I know I just shown this in other post. BUT This is my 1st 1911 I so happy. I'm going to range to put couple rounds though it tomorrow.
    there are some nice looking guns on this tread.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    "Get a cheap-but-decent bushing wrench. Buy at least five of them. You will leave them all over in random places. "

Sorry. I've worked all my life using tools to make a living. Everyone slips and makes an oopsie. But for the life of me I cannot understand excuses like this as a reason for not having full length guide rods (another tool to forget or misplace), having multiple bushing wrenches, or any other tool. Yet these same individuals will know exactly what mags they have, where they are and what the firearms' round counts are. If you use a tool and will need it in the future, then it needs a home in the associated paraphernalia bag.

Or for multiple bags and the bench, that tool for each bag/bench. Or buy multiple bushing wrenches because if your guns have tightly fitted bushings those plastic wrenches will round off and wear out, becoming more annoying to use.

Rant off, nothing personal.

HogCommander

Aug 10, 2013
    Texas Hill Country
    Nice pistol...congrats!

1911 advice...recommend an aluminum bushing wrench and a needle oiler. The needle oiler is perfect for getting oil in the slide grooves/frame rails when the slide is locked back. I also oil the outside of the barrel at the same time to minimize wear on the bushing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom