• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Hit Ontarget today. OMG, I can't breathe! :smoke: J/k
    No problems breathing, nor seeing, nor any of the other problems all the haters usually cry about. No failures with any of my guns either. :thumbsup:

mtb

May 24, 2011
    I generally think the lighting leaves more to be desired, especially closer than the 50' mark. For that I usually just mount a light on my gun.

That said, I still go there, and I still enjoy it. I've never noticed a ventilation problem.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    The ventilation was upgraded a few years ago and works just fine .

I went there in January of 2013 and it SUCKED. Was it upgraded before or after that? If it was before, they did a terrible job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JAR

Feb 18, 2009
    I went there in January of 2013 and it SUCKED. Was it upgraded before or after that? If it was before, they did a terrible job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I recall correctly, it was right around that time the upgrade happened.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    Hit Ontarget today. OMG, I can't breathe! :smoke: J/k
    No problems breathing, nor seeing, nor any of the other problems all the haters usually cry about. No failures with any of my guns either. :thumbsup:

Clearing the air (ahem), I am a fan of OnTarget - not a hater. Been a loyal customer for years. Just stating my experience with the airhandlers. Will head out later this week, and see if this issue is cleared up. :D

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Used to shoot there often, great for low light practice, with authentic fog of war:D Looked like a frickin disco some evenings when a few people on the line had lasers, between the low light and fog you could see most of the length of a red beam from a few stalls away. Cool that they are improving the place, and the HQL scheme hasn't shut down everybody, there aren't many places to shoot in that area.

OldSchool1959

MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    Went there to shoot my CZ-52 and my P64 on Monday. The lighting was dim but not to the point of being an issue. They had a couple of new employees working that were friendly and helpful. Just two complaints: My first attempt at Tokarev reloads was an epic fail in terms of insufficient powder charge to fully cycle the 52's action and my P64 decided to bite the hand that feeds it - literally. You could say that I left bloody disappointed but not because of anything OnTarget did.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Looked like a frickin disco some evenings when a few people on the line had lasers, between the low light and fog you could see most of the length of a red beam from a few stalls away.
    Funny you say that. When I was in there yesterday I had a guy with a red laser two lanes over to my left and a guy with a green laser immediaetely to my right. Was a little distracting.

threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster
    The last time I was there a guy two lanes over did a mag dump on a target a few feet out, hit the target support resulting in a hot flat slug of lead landing on my arm. I think that trip will be my last trip there.

EDIT: Removed an incorrect statement I made. I apologize to On Target for my mistake.

Last edited:

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    The last time I was there one guy shot out a light. Another guy two lanes over did a mag dump on a target a few feet out, hit the target support resulting in a hot flat slug of lead landing on my arm. I think that trip will be my last trip there.

Oh when was this ... a light has not been shot out there in over 6+ years

And if the other happened why did you not say something to management?

The only way that might happen if you were hit with something would be if the person target was to close .

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    The last time I was there one guy shot out a light. Another guy two lanes over did a mag dump on a target a few feet out, hit the target support resulting in a hot flat slug of lead landing on my arm. I think that trip will be my last trip there.

The only way that might happen if you were hit with something would be if the person target was to close .

.....and they will not let you shoot any closer than 7 yards (where the first yellow line is). If anyone was shooting closer, you should have pointed it out to the staff.

Gmercury2000

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Gambrills
    .....and they will not let you shoot any closer than 7 yards (where the first yellow line is). If anyone was shooting closer, you should have pointed it out to the staff.

^^^ This! If I see anything unsafe or in violation of the rules I have no issue letting the employees know. I've never had an issue telling them and they have 0 issue addressing the issue. Of all the times I've been there, I haven't seen one issue of other shooters not listening to the RSO. I'm sure they get their fair share of douchebags but I very seldom deal with them.

threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster

You are correct about the light, the wife reminded me the light incident was at a range in Virginia. My mistake. I apologize to On target for my error. Her and I went shooting at On Target one day and then we went with our son to a range in Virginia the next day. I forgot the light was in Virginia.

He did have the target to close. I was in my last five minutes of my range time and the RSO was busy at the other end of the range so I packed up and left.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    I was there last week and thought the lighting was pretty dim. Didn't notice any ventilation issues, and the employees were a lot nicer than the last time I'd been there. (2 years ago?)

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I haven't been to On Target to shoot in many years since joining AGC but went yesterday because I was itching to shoot some new purchases and the weather has been much too crappy to shoot outdoors.

It was ok, nothing stellar, but the last indoor range I visited was over the holidays down in GA which was a state of the art facility. Comparing OT to that would be apples to oranges.

My recommendations for OT would be deeper shooting benches and some coat hangers for your jacket.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    My recommendations for OT would be deeper shooting benches and some coat hangers for your jacket.

+1. They have coat hangers in the lobby but I don't like leaving my jacket out there.
    Taller partitions so the shells dont' rain on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom