• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Great talent and all at the ripe young age of 16. Amazing work. Great photography too. And of course the old pocket watch, the caligraphy and stacks of old bills for the background. The Kimber is Dad's obviously?

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    Great talent and all at the ripe young age of 16. Amazing work. Great photography too. And of course the old pocket watch, the caligraphy and stacks of old bills for the background. The Kimber is Dad's obviously?

thanks, i actualy started this little business in 5th grade! my skill has vastly improved since then. way back when i would sell my pens for $10-$15 dollars each. they were crude and unrefined writing instruments that would hurt because they were not sanded properly. my father made it clear that once i became a pimply teen the cute factor would wear off and i would have to make nicer pens:rolleyes: with these wonderful words of encouragement i got to work. these pens are a product of a few years of growing my skill. hope you enjoy:)

and yes the kimber belongs to my father:D

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    Nice,would love to have 1 in walnut

i dont have any walnut blanks left but for a while i was spinning a lot of the two tone stuff this is an example of a pen/letter opener set i made that is still available. it comes in a maple gift box

Attachments

• Picture 136.jpg
      Picture 136.jpg
      50.4 KB · Views: 155
    Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Very nice pens. Everytime I see them I think about getting a lathe to turn pens but I just don't have the room in my shop. I do have tons of scraps if you are interested. I have: white oak, cherry, some walnut, lacewood, sapele, mahogany, maple. Most of it is collecting dust.

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    Very nice pens. Everytime I see them I think about getting a lathe to turn pens but I just don't have the room in my shop. I do have tons of scraps if you are interested. I have: white oak, cherry, some walnut, lacewood, sapele, mahogany, maple. Most of it is collecting dust.

thanks! i will take you up on that offer:D the lathe is realy a great machine, the amount of cool projects you can do on it is limitless. if i were you i would make room;).

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia

There are companies out there that make table-top lathes for those who lack the space for a floor model. Just a suggestion.

Jim

Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    Very nice work nomo. :thumbsup:

What kind of lathe are you using? Where does the hardware come from, specifically for the fountain pens?

Regards.

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    How much would a lacewood rollerball with a cap run me? Beautiful looking pen

the lacewood pens; both fountain and roller, are eighty dollars each. they come in a cherry stained box with complimentary velvet pen bags. when purchased together, they will come in the olive box pictured.

i Finnish my pens with a high friction polish or bees wax. this allows for a semi gloss while retaining a true look and feel of wood.

my lathe is a rikon midi lathe- a "table top" model. runs great, but im not to excited with their customer support. jet is another great brand

Last edited:

The3clipser

Mister Tea
    Nov 29, 2009
    Wow, those look nice! And your skill with a camera is apparent as well. Good job is all I can think to say.

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    heres a detailed picture of another style pen. this is called the el grande. this is the glock of the pen world; light, boxy, and reliable. this is a pen built to be used not sit on your desk, so you dont have to hesitate to throw it in your briefcase or pocket. the plastic components actually allow the cap to squeeze on to the back of the pen, and keeps the thread on cap nice and tight. they are fifty dollars each, and comes in roller or fountain. comes in cherry stained box, with complimentary velvet pen bag.

el grande style rollerball and fountain pens in cherry, walnut, and ,curly maple

Attachments

• Picture 172.jpg
      Picture 172.jpg
      57.4 KB · Views: 120
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads