• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I currently have 4 12 gauge pumps and 1 single shot .410. I was thinking last night about what I do not have and what I should get when I have a little bit of money.

10 gauge. I'll probably settle for a single shot for this. Don't really need a 10ga, but it would be nice to have one in the collection. NEF/H&R has a pretty decent one that's pretty inexpensive.
    pix765404994.jpg

16 gauge. I have found a few inexpensive bolt action 16 gauges, and this kills two birds with one stone. A gauge I do not have on a frame I do not have.
    pix208097281.jpg

20 gauge. I have had a single shot 20 before, but it didn't do much for me. I think this is where I'll go with a semi-auto.
    pix460831524.jpg

28 gauge. I'm still up in the air about this. I have been looking on Gunbroker and it looks like 28 gauge guns are all out of my price range. Sure, I'd like an O/U, but I don't want to break the bank getting one.
    pix810331023.jpg

I've been running across a lot of the old utility guns, and the "department store" guns at stupidly low prices. A lot of Westernfields and Revelations and such. Been seeing a plethora of single barrels-Ithaca Super Singles, Stevens 94s, etc...

This is a long time plan for me, as I don't have any disposable income. I've given it a lot of thought and thought I'd share.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    BAH! you must have both, wood and synthetic.

It just has to be the right gun. I definitely prefer the classic look, but if the gun is priced right, I'd consider a synthetic stock. It looks like the NEF/H&R single shot 10 gauges mostly come synthetic with a camo stock.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    If you plan on shooting it, blow your nose before you pull the trigger on a 10ga. single shot or it'll knock the snot out of ya :( :) ;)

OTOH, check into the Stoeger line for your 28 ga. fix. The side-by-side Uplander is available in 28 ga and is relatively inexpensive. They may make an o/u too, but can't remember for sure.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    If you plan on shooting it, blow your nose before you pull the trigger on a 10ga. single shot or it'll knock the snot out of ya :( :) ;)

OTOH, check into the Stoeger line for your 28 ga. fix. The side-by-side Uplander is available in 28 ga and is relatively inexpensive. They may make an o/u too, but can't remember for sure.

I'll blow my nose, take my glasses off and make sure I don't have to go to the bathroom before shooting a 10ga single.

I have the Stoeger/Franchi DVD catalog. May have to look at it again.

I'm not planning on getting anything anytime soon, but figured I would start looking.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Quick check on GB revealed 2 new 28 ga Uplanders; one @ $375, one @ $400. I realize you're not in the market now, but they seem to be the best deal in a 28 ga. when you are able to. I like the Stoeger guns quite a bit.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Quick check on GB revealed 2 new 28 ga Uplanders; one @ $375, one @ $400. I realize you're not in the market now, but they seem to be the best deal in a 28 ga. I like the Stoeger guns quite a bit.

Pro Gun and Sports, in Bayboro, NC (About 30 minutes from me) is a Stoeger dealer. Might just have to drive down there and take a look.

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    How bout a Stevens 311 SxS? Not too expensive used and good all around utility.

Or the Norinco copy of the Winchester 1887 lever action? You'll be ready for cowboy action matches.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    How bout a Stevens 311 SxS? Not too expensive used and good all around utility.

Or the Norinco copy of the Winchester 1887 lever action? You'll be ready for cowboy action matches.

I had a Stevens and sold it to my brother in law. I agree that they are great utility guns. Saw a bunch of them at the gun show this weekend. Shoulda kept it, but sold it to get something else.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    I'll blow my nose, take my glasses off and make sure I don't have to go to the bathroom before shooting a 10ga single.

I have the Stoeger/Franchi DVD catalog. May have to look at it again.

I'm not planning on getting anything anytime soon, but figured I would start looking.

10ga ha shot this

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom