• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County
    Hey guys,

Looking to purchase my first handgun in the near future, and was wondering who you all recommend for a shop. I thought about buying online, but I don't feel like dealing with a FFL, shipping costs, etc. Plus I'd rather give my money to local businesses. I'm not looking to spend a fortune (Around $300 is fine)

I see the Tackle Box is down in St.Mary's, or I could go to one of the shops in Glen Burnie.

I'm in Mid-Calvert County (Huntingtown Area), but I don't mind driving an hour or so.

Thanks in advance!

Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County
    I've seen it, and loked it over...just wanting an opinion from the SoMD guys....which one is worth the drive? Is there another place NOT on the list?

I was thinking about heading up to 2A....all the way in Jessup

johnhmpg

Mar 14, 2011
    2A well worth the drive. Mark's shop is around the back side of the building about half way down from either end.

Pirate

Mar 20, 2010
    I think you should take a field trip and come visit us at The Gun Shop.

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    Accurate Gun and Ammo is a good place. If I had to pick a favorite it would be Keepshooting in Waldorf. Best staff of any retail outlet I know of, not just gun shops. Once you hang with Mario on a Friday afternoon you'll be hooked :thumbsup: They don't have an advanced handgun roster in the area but they offer great prices to accompany their awesome customer service. Taurus Judge is all you need really :D

http://www.keepshooting.com/firearms/firearms/handguns

southern71

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2012
    I transferred one through Mario last week over at keepshooting and I can attest that he is one cool dude. Very easy to work with and he makes sure you understand the whole process if necessary. Getting an appt is easy as well.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Accurate Gun and Ammo is a good place. If I had to pick a favorite it would be Keepshooting in Waldorf. Best staff of any retail outlet I know of, not just gun shops. Once you hang with Mario on a Friday afternoon you'll be hooked :thumbsup: They don't have an advanced handgun roster in the area but they offer great prices to accompany their awesome customer service. Taurus Judge is all you need really :D

http://www.keepshooting.com/firearms/firearms/handguns

Exept for the Judge I agree completely. Angus MacGregor is in Waldorf as well. I saw a judge he had at upper marlbro with guilty and innocent alternating on the cylinders.

southern71

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2012
    In no particular order... Just an idea of places with recent reported transfer fees if you decide to buy online.

Dealer Name: BTP ARMS
    Phone Number: (301) 576-1656
    Street Address: 7 JAY GOULD COURT UNIT 14
    City: WALDORF
    Last Reported Transfer Fee: 35.00
    Transfer Notes: + $10 for background check. $25 for long guns

Dealer Name: ALL PAWN
    Phone Number: 301-885-2274
    Street Address: 10595 MIDDLES PORT LA
    City: WHITE PLAINS
    Last Reported Transfer Fee: 25.00

Dealer Name: ANGUS MACGREGORS TRADING POST
    Phone Number: 866-374-9340
    Street Address: 2975 OLD WASHINGTON RD
    Last Reported Transfer Fee: 50.00
    Transfer Notes: Longguns $25.00 Maryland Regulated $50.00 + $10 MSP (Seperate)

Dealer Name: Freds Sports & Furniture
    Phone Number: 301-843-3040
    Street Address: 2895 Crain Hwy
    Last Reported Transfer Fee: 100.00

Dealer Name: TARGET ACQUIRED LLC
    Phone Number: 240 419 2929
    Street Address: 3555 leonardtown rd unit 7
    Last Reported Transfer Fee: 40.00
    Transfer Notes: $40.00 for Regulated, $25.00 for Long Guns

Dealer Name: ACCURATE GUNS AND AMMO LLC
    Phone Number: 301-475-1778
    Street Address: 28650 POINT LOOKOUT RD
    City: LOVEVILLE
    Last Reported Transfer Fee: 50.00

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    For AR related items, I would recommend Gun Connection and 2A Sales. The Gun Shop in Essex has the best prices for pistols and are great to work with for special orders. Lou at Shooter's Discount for LE trades and Mario at Keep Shooting is good for the Russian/Soviet bloc stuff.

JBR13

Apr 19, 2011
    St. Mary's Co. MD
    I just bought a handgun in Callaway (St Mary's) from Bob's Sunoco. He is a cabelas dealer and has a small selection of guns in store. He did some real digging to find the model M&P40C I wanted when most others could not find me one or wanted $50-$75 more. Real nice guy!

Jason

mattyrayb

Feb 23, 2010
    waldorf
    Another nod for KeepShooting. I bought my S&W from budsgunshop online and transferred though them. Smooth and painless. Cheapest transfer fee around. Just have to have a barrel lock to pick it up from them

Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County
    Well, just ordered my first handgun online. Having it shipped to Keepshooting.

By far the closest place, and they were very nice on the phone. Looking forward to my newest addiction!

southern71

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2012
    Well, just ordered my first handgun online. Having it shipped to Keepshooting.

By far the closest place, and they were very nice on the phone. Looking forward to my newest addiction!

You will have no issues with Mario. Very genuine dude and true to his word. If it is a 40SW I have a lock you can borrow. I used it to pick mine up there a few weeks ago. Never will use it again. I live around the corner from his office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom