• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    I would like to hear some opinions on 9mm models that every shooter should own at some point. What has been your favorite model for reason of accuracy, simplicity, really any reason. I'm stuck between so many models for my next 9 that it's hard to just pick one for now. I love my cougar 9mm but I have the itch bad.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    never gonna go wrong with a glock such as 17 or 19. very reasonably priced and super reliable, and a ton of aftermarket parts including holsters, mag pouches, sights, trigger stuff, etc.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Springfield xdm, hk vp9, Walther ppq, glock17/19, S&W m&p, cz75, sig p320. To name a few :D

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Glock 19.

Dependable, simple, light, accurate, almost perfect size (a little wide).

For some reason, I shoot it better than the full sized 17.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Glock 17/19
    Sig 226/229
    Walther PPQ
    One of the many "upgraded" Beretta M9's.

My newest purchase FNS. I like them but they do not have the track history, wow factor, and aftermarket of the pistols above.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    fyi, the 2015 uspsa production equipment survey (ie what the competition shooters use) lists cz usa with 40% and glock at 20% and s&w at 12%. didn't list the specific models. I haven't looked at that for a couple of years but pretty sure glock was squarely at the top then.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    If you're just talking about shooter for experience sake and to be able to say you shot one, you have to shoot a Beretta M9 and Glock 17/19. Iconic 9mm handguns. After that, they all kind of just blend together.

Dave Greenberg

Oct 24, 2015
    Millersville
    I would like to hear some opinions on 9mm models that every shooter should own at some point. What has been your favorite model for reason of accuracy, simplicity, really any reason. I'm stuck between so many models for my next 9 that it's hard to just pick one for now. I love my cougar 9mm but I have the itch bad.

For duty sized pistols you can't go wrong with a SIG P226, HK Vp9, Walther PPQ, or the SIG P320. For conceal carry the MP Shield, Walther PPS, Ruger LC9 or the Springfield XD-S. Or just get a Glock lol. I think for the price, there are better options.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Another vote for trying and maybe owning a Glock 17/19, Beretta 92/M9, and Sig 228/229/226. For historic familiarity reasons, everyone should try if not own a Luger P-08, a Walther P-38 and a Browning high power.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    ****Glock 17/19. They are remarkably reliable, and more accurate than the even above average shooter might ever need. Aftermarket parts are cheap and plentiful. Plenty of other options out there but for cost/performance and aftermarket nothing beats a Glock IMO.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Glock 17
    Glock 19
    M&P 9
    Springfield Xd
    Sig 226/ 229
    Beretta 92
    CZ-75
    Browning Hi-Power
    Walther P-38

If you're new to handguns, you should also try the men's version of 9mm which would require a steel framed revolver and some .357 magnum rounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom