• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Dicks in glen burnie has lots of 325 round federal match 22lr for 20 bucks a box. Limit 1 per day 6cents per round not too bad if you looking.

Also Remington rounds are 30% off. So 9mm ends up being 11 bucks a box.

Sent from a galaxy far, far, away....

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I don't know if it is just my bad luck or what, but everytime I have gone to the Dick's in the Francis Scott Key Mall in Frederick, there is no one behind the counter in the sporting goods section and I can never seem to get any of the store employees to request someone to come over and help me out. I generally go there on Saturday or Sunday afternoons and the store just seems very quiet. Unfortunately it will be very difficult for me to get there during the week. They could have gotten so much $$ from me if only they had a sales person behind the counter!

Cal68

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I don't know if it is just my bad luck or what, but everytime I have gone to the Dick's in the Francis Scott Key Mall in Frederick, there is no one behind the counter in the sporting goods section and I can never seem to get any of the store employees to request someone to come over and help me out. I generally go there on Saturday or Sunday afternoons and the store just seems very quiet. Unfortunately it will be very difficult for me to get there during the week. They could have gotten so much $$ from me if only they had a sales person behind the counter!

Cal68

my experience has been the same. I have often wondered why they bothered to even put in a gun dept in that store. I don't even bother going there any more.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Picked up a box last night. Also got tempted by the big sale on 9 and ended up buying 300rds lol. $11/box is pretty hard to resist.

Yeah I had to cap myself on 100 rounds of 9mm the other day though the sale ends today so when I grab 1 more 22lr I'm sure I'll be walking out with at least 50 rounds on 9mm.

Was a pretty good price and seems too hard to pass up.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

Cal68

I ask at the cashier area near the exterior door if no-one is there. Have twice gotten a manager to help. These have been unplanned trips on weekday afternoons when I am off and am running other errands. Often there are very few shoppers in the store at those times.

I'm surprised that they aren't smarter about keeping the firearms counter better staffed on weekends. On weekends, I've been lucky to not run into this problem as they've had a couple people behind the counter on the occasions that I have been there (only live ten minutes away - so pretty convenient).

In any case, the front cashier area is where they can often call someone in (or have a manager working up there) in case they're short staffed.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    Most of the Dicks stores I've been in have a button on the counter you can press to call an associate to the gun department.

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    Most of the Dicks stores I've been in have a button on the counter you can press to call an associate to the gun department.

^^^this^^^

then break out the cell phone and call the store twice.

1. ask customer service to send someone to the gun/hunting section.

2. call back and have them transfer the call to gun/hunting section and just let the phone ring and ring.

hopefully one of the 3 gets someone back there. I had to use this method at walmart a few times.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I ask at the cashier area near the exterior door if no-one is there. Have twice gotten a manager to help. These have been unplanned trips on weekday afternoons when I am off and am running other errands. Often there are very few shoppers in the store at those times.

I'm surprised that they aren't smarter about keeping the firearms counter better staffed on weekends. On weekends, I've been lucky to not run into this problem as they've had a couple people behind the counter on the occasions that I have been there (only live ten minutes away - so pretty convenient).

In any case, the front cashier area is where they can often call someone in (or have a manager working up there) in case they're short staffed.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try it for sure the next time I go to the FSK Mall.

Cal68

blankford

Apr 29, 2015
    Bel Air
    Anyone know if DSG Glen Burnie has more of the Remington 9mm on sale? Or any other 9mm on sale for that matter?

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Anyone know if DSG Glen Burnie has more of the Remington 9mm on sale? Or any other 9mm on sale for that matter?

That 9mm sale ended a week or so ago. They may have something else for labor but haven't been in there in last week or so.

blankford

Apr 29, 2015
    Bel Air
    Stirring up an old thread. Anyone been into Dick's for 22 in a while?
    Glen Burnie, Hunt Valley, or Bel Air? Damn one in Columbia is useless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom