• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Can I get one suppressor for .308 bolt rifle and be able to use in on a M4 in 5.56mm also? And if so can I move it to other State (if legal in that State) and not have to redo stamp? Thanks for the education, Chris

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Yes, I have an AAC 762-SDN-6 that does just that. You only need 1 stamp. Then buy the Fast attach muzzle brake or flash hider for each of your hosts.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    There are a bunch that will do dual duty.
    If you move to another silencer friendly state, you will NOT need another stamp. I am not sure if you need to notify the ATF though. I would think you would. Someone will come along soon to answer that.
    The other consideration is if you use a trust to purchase it. If you move, you will have to make sure the trust is legal and sound under the new states laws....

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    No need for a new stamp if you move. Just need to notify NFA when you change to primary storage location (ie move) buy only if it is a permanent move.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Here's a good write-up by a lawyer. Pretty much you'll have to fill out a Form 5320.20 when moving to a different state, but it's optional, albeit recommended, if moving within the state. And if you have an NFA trust it will have to be inspected\modified by a qualified lawyer of the destination state before transport. When filling out the the Form 5320-20 simply check 'no' for question two and enter the projected transportation date(s) in question three. These forms are currently running a 4-5 week turnaround. I filled out a few this past (late) June and had them before the end of July.

http://johnpierceesq.com/?p=553

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Am I correct in believing that if I want to visit a friend in say VA or PA and want to take a MG I need to file a 5320.20 ahead of time with the address etc. but if I just take a suppressor it's not needed?

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    I have a 7.62 titanium suppressor I move between 7.62 and 5.56 hosts. Works good however it is a bit bulkier than the 5.56 dedicated suppressor (longer by over an inch). Also the 5.56 suppressor is tuned to that round and reduces the sound pressure by 3-5 dB's. I will say that the tone of the 7.62 suppressor sounds better on the 5.56 than the dedicated 5.56 one.

03gsxr1000

Speed Demon
    Jul 4, 2010
    To continue this thread,
    I am currently awaiting paperwork for my silencerco octane 45. But I am wondering how to buy a 300 aac upper for my ar15 that will accommodate this suppressor. I am pretty certain that I cannot buy, and have shipped to Maryland a bare threaded barrel. How would I be able to buy this upper half to be compatible with my silencer

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    To continue this thread,
    I am currently awaiting paperwork for my silencerco octane 45. But I am wondering how to buy a 300 aac upper for my ar15 that will accommodate this suppressor. I am pretty certain that I cannot buy, and have shipped to Maryland a bare threaded barrel. How would I be able to buy this upper half to be compatible with my silencer

Just order it. It is perfectly legal. You will however need to make sure of the thread pitch for mounting a can on a 300. Not sure what that is, but many folks here have been there done that. You will need a threaded fixed mount for the Octane in what ever pitch the threads are.

https://www.store.silencerco.com/collections/silencer-accessories/products/thread-mount?variant=221764050

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom