• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    I thought for a second that someone might not go there, but apparently I was wrong.

It was a few years back, on a stretch of highway that I could have sworn was 65. I was on my way back from shooting/camping at some property down there at 11:00am on a weekday. The roads were completely empty. I guess the combination of those things things led me to simply not pay attention. I could have sworn I was going no faster than 75. But, apparently not.

I got lit up, officer came up pretty pissed off, asked where I was going in such a hurry. I was honest and said officer I'm heading back home and simply was not paying attention to what I was doing and that I had no excuse. He gave me a ticket and that was the end of it. Soon as I got home I went online and paid it. Was my one and only ticket.

Should that preclude me from owning a gun or a car? If you really think so, maybe YOU shouldn't own a car or a gun. YOU'VE never made a mistake? Mr. Perfect?

Sorry for bringing thread off topic, had to get that off my chest.

Pshhh...I make it a point to drive fast on empty highway. Unless it's in VA. I made a trip that Google said should take almost 5 hours in under 4. I was flying...like 100+ the majority of the way. Clear skys, empty roads and a fast car. The only thing that would have made it better would have been carrying. So no, don't apologize. Had you been weaving in and out of traffic and being a dick, then yeah dogpile on. But sometimes it's just fun to go fast and sometimes it's fun to already be at 90 and let the supercharger go :party29::party29:

It bit me in the ass once, I came around a bend saw the cop and hit the shoulder. He clocked me at 82 on the shoulder slowing down. The whole thing took 10 minutes:

Cop: Son, I clocked you at 82.
    Me: Yes officer, I reckon you did. Sorry about that.
    Cop: Ok.
    Saunters off, 10 minutes later...
    Cop: Here ya go, might want to slow down.
    Me: You're right. Have a good day.
    Cop: You too.

Paid it as I'd earned it. Did I endanger anyone? Nope. Was I enjoying myself? Yup. Would I do it again? Have and will. So take your supposed moral righteousness to one of the "omg teh gheys!!!11!!!" threads.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Pshhh...I make it a point to drive fast on empty highway. Unless it's in VA. I made a trip that Google said should take almost 5 hours in under 4. I was flying...like 100+ the majority of the way. Clear skys, empty roads and a fast car. The only thing that would have made it better would have been carrying. So no, don't apologize. Had you been weaving in and out of traffic and being a dick, then yeah dogpile on. But sometimes it's just fun to go fast and sometimes it's fun to already be at 90 and let the supercharger go :party29::party29:

I made it from Ft Wash to Manassas in 20min in my GTP packaged Olds convertable. It could cruise at 145.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Guys, just remember for your UT permits you need a MD one now.

-.-

Incorrect.

One major change in the new law is regarding some non-resident applicants for the Utah concealed firearm permit. If a non-resident applicant is from a state that either has a formal reciprocity agreement with Utah or recognizes the Utah concealed firearm permit, the applicant must hold and provide proof of a current concealed firearm or concealed weapon permit issued by the applicant’s state of residency upon application for the Utah concealed firearm permit. This change will not affect those applicants who reside in a state that does not have formal reciprocity or recognition with Utah, i.e. California, New York, Kansas, etc.

Maryland has no reciprocity with Utah.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    "gun opponents predicted a boost in criminal activity and shootouts in the streets"
    Will they ever get tired of using that one? :sad20:

MH

In spite of the fact that it has NEVER happened. Out of 350,000 permit holders over a period of 10 years.....exactly ONE was convicted of a homicide.

One. Out of 13,500 homicides during that period.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    In spite of the fact that it has NEVER happened. Out of 350,000 permit holders over a period of 10 years.....exactly ONE was convicted of a homicide.

One. Out of 13,500 homicides during that period.

I'm going to have to talk to an admin about you. We can't let people have common sense dang it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom