• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aaronn

Aug 8, 2013
    Baltimore
    Any IPs, preferable in the Baltimore area, have one in stock. Looking for someone that will ship the 12 rnd mags out of state for me.

aaronn

Aug 8, 2013
    Baltimore
    Still looking. Made some calls today and no one seems to have one in stock. And I'm not willing to pay the $570 that Continental wants. :sad20:

Hambone

May 30, 2013
    Baltimore
    I bought an M&P 9 from Constitutional in Laurel a few months back and there prices were reasonable. They were also willing to send the 17 round magazines to a family member in PA for me. I think it would be worth calling them. They were great to deal with.

Odiferous Maximus

Feb 16, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I had a 9c for about a year - loved it - but ditched it because I couldn't find spare magazines (still can't, and yes, I check often just out of curiosity).

If you can find 'em, get 'em.

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    The 2013 M&P's are the best yet. Magazines are finally becoming well stocked, both full size, compact and Shield in 9mm. The last thing S&W needs to get fixed is stocking of spare parts. I heard they switched inventory system so that may be part of issue. That and Obama. But from what I can tell S&W has constantly made improvements on all the above and have great warranty too. I think FreeState has them at 525.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    I got a stack of M&P compact police package pistols in today, night sights and 3 mags, but for the life of me I can't remember if they were 9s or 40s. Check back tomorrow, I may have what you are looking for, but no way it is $440.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    The 2013 M&P's are the best yet. Magazines are finally becoming well stocked, both full size, compact and Shield in 9mm. The last thing S&W needs to get fixed is stocking of spare parts. I heard they switched inventory system so that may be part of issue. That and Obama. But from what I can tell S&W has constantly made improvements on all the above and have great warranty too. I think FreeState has them at 525.
    I bought a 2013 M&P9 last year and the trigger was terrible. Much grittier and heavier compared to my M&P9c I bought back in 2010. I'd say they went downhill. My 13 M&P is the first pistol I ever owned I felt the need to put after market trigger parts in.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    I'm glad you found one. When I saw this post I remembered I have an M&P 9c that I hadn't shot in a while.

When I originally saw this thread, I thought about contacting you about maybe selling it but I made the mistake of taking it to the range one last time and changed my mind. I had swapped out the stock sights for night sights and had installed an Apex trigger/sear kit in it. I had forgotten how much of a beneficial difference both of those changes made and have moved it a lot closer to the front of the line when deciding what to take to the range. :)

Enjoy your new pistol when it comes in!

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    I have Apex components in two of my M&Ps too, but I don't feel it's a must have for the remaining three that I have.

That being said, I might modify them all so they are consistent with one another.

The grittiness goes away with firing and is more pronounced when dry firing in my opinion. I am still under 500 rounds for the three new ones I acquired in 2013 and they are smoothing out.

In case anyone is wondering, the changes that were made in 2013 are as follows:

1. New faster twist rate barrel - 1/10
    2. New trigger bar - stamped "H", works in conjunction with new slide lock to increase felt reset
    3. New slide lock - reinforced welding on it and bump out for increased felt reset
    4. Performance Center sear - has tear drop lobe and what I can only speculate as lightening cutouts in sear itself. Shorter reset than stock.

I added the following to my two modified M&Ps (one full size and one compact):

1. 10-8 Performance sights - verdict is still out on these because I have not shot them enough to determine if they make me faster (I used Ameriglo pro-idots before switching to 10-8). I switched because I wanted a .156 rear with .125 front. You can do that with Dawson sights too, or others.
    2. 21st Century Catalyst Mod 1 magazine release - Mod 1 sticks out less so less chance of accidental release, but sticks out enough where I don't have to rotate gun as far to reach it. Not enough testing yet to determine if reliable or detrimental in any way.
    3. Apex AEK polymer trigger - shortens pre and post travel, I got it to try and make my pistol trigger feel similar to my rifle trigger, which has a Geisele SSA. I like the stock trigger, but the hinge in the middle makes it feel different from most triggers. That being said the AEK has a bump in it, which feels different too, but I got used to that.
    4. Apex sear - supposedly shortens reset over both stock and Performance Center sears. The difference in reset distance between PC and Apex is like 0.03 so may or may not be worth it. Also, old Apex sear feels like rolling break. PC sear crisper. I believe new Apex sear crisper too. I suppose this is personal preference.
    5. Apex USB - this solves grittiness unless you prefer polishing the parts.
    6. Talon grips - they have rubber grips. Sandpaper grips were tearing my clothes up.
    I used stock springs instead of duty carry springs. Trigger weight using trigger gauge around 4.5 pounds with above setup.

So depending on your wants and needs, you can customize M&P a lot, but I still think the stock 2013 M&Ps are awesome. :D

aaronn

Aug 8, 2013
    Baltimore
    Thanks for the info both of you. I daily carry a Shield and I loved the trigger out of the box but it's since gotten grittier as I broke it in. I probably put the Apex kit in it. I'll use the Compact for a while before deciding whether to modify it or not.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    I have the truglo tfo on my shield and 9c

SightPicture_zps5e279766.jpg

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Two police packages at one of my distributors. Night Sights, 3-Mags, $580.00

Also have the civilian package, White Dots, 2 Mags, $498.00

If you want you you would need to grab it quickly, as the Police package guns don't stick around long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom