• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    A&D is great. Jimmy and Gil have never been holier than thou to me. I have bought maybe 5 guns from them. Always a good selection.

SF, I have never had an issue there. Maybe I am as condescending as the owner and son and we get along. Gun sales, I would guess really isn't their bread and butter as much as training and range rental. They really are dialed in as far as gun handling and tactics. He does a lot of ancillary training for teams and some fed groups. I have hung out front for quite awhile talking and to be honest, I can't say that I would have the patience for most, and I would say 80%, of the unknowledgable asshats who come in there and want to rent or fire a "gat". But he asks for that by offering rentals. I think they just like to get along better with, in my case specialized federal LEO or state and local tac guys he is familiar with. just my .02 :)

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    A&D is great. Jimmy and Gil have never been holier than thou to me. I have bought maybe 5 guns from them. Always a good selection.

SF, I have never had an issue there. Maybe I am as condescending as the owner and son and we get along. Gun sales, I would guess really isn't their bread and butter as much as training and range rental. They really are dialed in as far as gun handling and tactics. He does a lot of ancillary training for teams and some fed groups. I have hung out front for quite awhile talking and to be honest, I can't say that I would have the patience for most, and I would say 80%, of the unknowledgable asshats who come in there and want to rent or fire a "gat". But he asks for that by offering rentals. I think they just like to get along better with, in my case specialized federal LEO or state and local tac guys he is familiar with. just my .02 :)

so basically its a SpecOp circle jerk? :lol2::lol2:

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO

btw welcome to MdShooters:thumbsup:

i mean no harm just in rare form tonight:D

Select Fire i think would do themselves a favor and just drop out of the "public" range biz and go private. Then they could focus more on the specialized training and customers they seem to favor while not having to deal with pookie coming over from glen ridge and shooting up the entire range minus the target.

and if some of us common folk want to shoot there i'm sure a yearly fee could be managed. if im shelling out a $100-$250 a yr to shoot im obviously not some Re-Tard looking to just blow thru full auto Mp5 mags. i prefer to blow thru Tokarev mags as its much cheaper:lol2::lol2:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    btw welcome to MdShooters:thumbsup:

i mean no harm just in rare form tonight:D

Select Fire i think would do themselves a favor and just drop out of the "public" range biz and go private. Then they could focus more on the specialized training and customers they seem to favor while not having to deal with pookie coming over from glen ridge and shooting up the entire range minus the target.

Harm doesn't bother me. I just run away and you never hear from me again :)But I agree with ya.

On the flip side about on target, I take offense that they take offense at people who carry weapons for a living cannot carry in there unless in uniform. What if I don't have a *uniform*? LOL

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    Harm doesn't bother me. I just run away and you never hear from me again :)But I agree with ya.

On the flip side about on target, I take offense that they take offense at people who carry weapons for a living cannot carry in there unless in uniform. What if I don't have a *uniform*? LOL

just tell them flannel shirts, ripped jeans and handle bar mustaches are SOP. hell type it up and hand it to them:lol2::lol2:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    ahem.....can we please steer this back to the actual topic? ;)

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    ahem.....can we please steer this back to the actual topic? ;)

Glen burnie is a small town. Not much more to say about the 4 places to buy guns here. They have all been commented on. :) and we are talking about how on target doesn't let under covers carry concealed in their establishment. so I would say we are right on topic.

sandeman

Jun 19, 2008
    Pasadena
    My wife has done a couple of transfers at Jessup Coin and Pawn over the last few weeks. She has gone in alone and was treated excellently by the staff. She had never done a transfer in MD before and they handled it well with her. They even imbedded the "fever" into her and made her come home and ask for a new 1911. Sweet. Customer for life for that. She said they had a good assortment of stuff too.

Could just be that she is a looker too...lol
    A good looking woman always get their way!!!

bigred

Ultimate Member
    Nov 18, 2009
    Middle River
    I went into Barts was gunna do the paperwork on a 357 and some older guy who was there asked me where I lived (brooklyn park) then he kept insisting that when he was a leo he had locked me up years ago. I had several issues with this I had only lived in brooklyn park for 6 months and was in harford co before that. Second I have never had a set of cuffs on. Third I had my 8 yo son with me and it pissed me off that he kept insisting even after I told him he was wrong. So I left the store without buying from them went to A and D was treated great and bought a 9mm instead.

Captnstabn

Apr 22, 2010
    I went into Barts was gunna do the paperwork on a 357 and some older guy who was there asked me where I lived (brooklyn park) then he kept insisting that when he was a leo he had locked me up years ago. I had several issues with this I had only lived in brooklyn park for 6 months and was in harford co before that. Second I have never had a set of cuffs on. Third I had my 8 yo son with me and it pissed me off that he kept insisting even after I told him he was wrong. So I left the store without buying from them went to A and D was treated great and bought a 9mm instead.

That is completely unprofessional and disrespectful.

I don't buy anything from them since they tried to make me fill out the ammo log, but what he did to you is on another level. I hope you he knows that hes the reason you didn't buy that gun. Maybe he won't be so stupid next time.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I made the rounds yesterday in Glen Burnie. Started at Scott's where I spotted a little rifle that I may go back to purchase at a later date (if they still have it) Met Clandestine (Chad) for the first time. And yes he is gay in person:Dtoo. Thanks for the suggestion of the Kwiki Corner for lunch, great crab cakes:drool:

Next stop was A&D Pawn picked up some .380 ACP dies cheap. and then Arundel Gun & Pawn where I found a near mint Mossberg 152. I think the old guy behind the counter's name is Tom, great guy and knows his stuff. The other guy in the store walked out of the back as I was doing the paper work and had a look on his face like I had just kicked his new puppy. When he went back into the pawn room Tom told me he wanted to purchase the rifle but the owner would not mark the price down. I thought it was more than a fair price for such a nice rifle. If anyone is looking for a Mauser Broom Handle they have one in stock. I don't know much about it other than it does not have matching numbers. :party29:

My next stop was over to Route 1 to 2A Sales. A little hard to find but easy enough with a phone call to Mark. They've got a great sellection for such a small shop. I may go back to get the Remington 887 when the funds allow. I don't know why but I think it will make a great home protection or camping gun. Mdeng

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Well it was a friday, Im usually only don the gay gear on the weekends.

Clandestine, if that's the case, when we get together so you can help me on the mauser...can we do it on a Friday? I'd surely prefer to see you in your weekday garb. :innocent0

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Clandestine, if that's the case, when we get together so you can help me on the mauser...can we do it on a Friday? I'd surely prefer to see you in your weekday garb. :innocent0

:lol2: I usually get paid for puting on a clapping - crack show, but I can make exceptions.....

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    I made the rounds yesterday in Glen Burnie. Started at Scott's where I spotted a little rifle that I may go back to purchase at a later date (if they still have it) Met Clandestine (Chad) for the first time. And yes he is gay in person:Dtoo. Thanks for the suggestion of the Kwiki Corner for lunch, great crab cakes:drool:

Next stop was A&D Pawn picked up some .380 ACP dies cheap. and then Arundel Gun & Pawn where I found a near mint Mossberg 152. I think the old guy behind the counter's name is Tom, great guy and knows his stuff. The other guy in the store walked out of the back as I was doing the paper work and had a look on his face like I had just kicked his new puppy. When he went back into the pawn room Tom told me he wanted to purchase the rifle but the owner would not mark the price down. I thought it was more than a fair price for such a nice rifle. If anyone is looking for a Mauser Broom Handle they have one in stock. I don't know much about it other than it does not have matching numbers. :party29:

My next stop was over to Route 1 to 2A Sales. A little hard to find but easy enough with a phone call to Mark. They've got a great sellection for such a small shop. I may go back to get the Remington 887 when the funds allow. I don't know why but I think it will make a great home protection or camping gun. Mdeng

Funny, I made the same rounds yesterday. Started at Scott's, looked at the consignment overpriced Python they have. Said the guy is firm. Then off to A&D but the Anaconda and Dan Wesson I had looked at a while ago were gone. Then to Arundel F&P, I had actually never gone there before. My dad told me to check it out because Tom is a patient. Talked to him for a while and found out he worked with my late grandfather. He said the guy with the mauser on consignment also has reloading dies for it. After that I went to Clayton's. You never know what he has and I had emailed him and he said he had some new stuff in I should check out. He has a Python but it is going back to Colt for timing.

After all that I still didnt but anything. However, I decided to hit the Howeard county gun show. Came very close to getting a used 686 from Acurate Pawn and there was also a crate of K98 RCs for $379. Found one shop had a sign on their table saying tomorrow (Sunday) they would have a Python. Damn. Anyone have a decent priced Python for sale?

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I saw two 686's at the same place...was that Accurate Pawn? Only held the 4" and looked at the cylinder gap...so tight I hardly saw light though it...(not in full lock up). Still, having a 6 shot when they make a 7 shot gets in the way of my excitement.

Edit: Nice meeting you Mdeng!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom