• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    Interesting. Seems people are lining up to buy these now (per the buzz on gt talk).

CIMG1930.JPG

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    OK this morning I have a club shoot and after that I will be down the gun shop to check this all out . If it checks out true a 357 sig Glock will be mine very soon after I do some investigating on the options.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    When I took the Glock Armorer's Course last year, the instructor discussed these 'made in America' Glocks.

The G17 and G19 pistols are made here, and are shipped to other countries, and not specifically made to be sold in America.

It has something to do with how Glock originally set-up their import license.

I asked if the G25 (.380 acp) would be manufactured and sold, here.
    (Not enough 'points' to be imported from Austria.)
    The 'word' was, there is no intention of manufacturing and selling the G25, here.

I don't know all of the particulars, but, that's what was conveyed to me.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Given he quality issues with guns made in other outcries being done here I am skeptical. Sort of like us made signs. Let's stick to ars and rugers

Jstevens56

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2012
    Somewhere in Merryland
    I don't remember where but I heard that the difference between the Austrian and USA models is the hard coating on the gun. The coating on the Austrian guns is different than the USA ones due to USA regulations. Not making the Austrian better necessarily, just different. Don't know how much truth exist in this though.

Heist

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 10, 2012
    MD/DC/NYC
    Ravis, maybe it's just the camera but the tolerances on your frame to slide fit look strange.
    The leading end of your frame looks warped upward.

Last edited:

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    Ravis, maybe it's just the camera but the tolerances on your frame to slide fit look strange.
    There leading end of your frame looks warped upward.

That's normal. Commonly known as "pig nose". The USA made glocks have a different tennifer due to US regulations.

Al's Snackbar

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    I asked if the G25 (.380 acp) would be manufactured and sold, here.
    (Not enough 'points' to be imported from Austria.)
    The 'word' was, there is no intention of manufacturing and selling the G25, here.

That has never made any sense whatsoever to me. God knows I would snap one up in the first week of sale, even with the monster mark-up that the local FFL's would put.

That is the one Glock I've always wanted to have.

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    I am interested. I had the itch for a while but maybe I could hold off a bit longer.

More guns made here the better. In the political adena it is all about jobs, jobs, jobs. Cant argue with a manufatuer if they are creating a thousand jobs. That is alot of pull in that district.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I doubt that Glock created that many jobs. Some CNC folks, some IT people. Warehouse and some assembly folks. If they do things creatively, they could have few if any full time employees.

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    There leading end of your frame looks warped upward.

Not mine (linked pic). And, that's pretty normal from what I've seen.

:thumbsup:

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    I doubt that Glock created that many jobs. Some CNC folks, some IT people. Warehouse and some assembly folks. If they do things creatively, they could have few if any full time employees.

Yeah you are probably right, but it is a trend in the right direction.... or at-least I hope.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Meh.

I like my Glocks Austrian.
    I like my Sigs German.
    I like my Nagants Russian
    I like my 1911s 'Merican.
    (now if only Springfield Armory would pull their heads out of their asses and start making the XD and their 1911 frames here :rolleyes: )

I'll pass.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Meh.

I like my Glocks Austrian.
    I like my Sigs German.
    I like my Nagants Russian
    I like my 1911s 'Merican.
    (now if only Springfield Armory would pull their heads out of their asses and start making the XD and their 1911 frames here :rolleyes: )

I'll pass.

You don't want Swiss SIG's?? The German aspect of SIG is rather new.

Why should SA move production here? Probably saves them some $$ by having the guns built overseas. I doubt you would see any quality difference.

BTW, a rather large name semi custom 1911 shop buys their rough frame millings from South Korea. Technically, the frames are made in the US, because less than 50% of the finishing is done where the frames are started, so ATF says they can stamp them "Made in the USA".

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    You don't want Swiss SIG's?? The German aspect of SIG is rather new.

Why should SA move production here? Probably saves them some $$ by having the guns built overseas. I doubt you would see any quality difference.

BTW, a rather large name semi custom 1911 shop buys their rough frame millings from South Korea. Technically, the frames are made in the US, because less than 50% of the finishing is done where the frames are started, so ATF says they can stamp them "Made in the USA".

If I took a guess about that semi custom shop how about N-H ?????

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom