• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Scott of Scott's Gunsmithing is a friend of mine. Great guy... great shop. Also pretty fond of Chuck at Tyler's. And, one could never go wrong dealing with Lou (may he recover quickly) at Shooter's Discount. However, the IP asked about shops between Cecil County and Baltimore County. That's why I didn't mention those guys.

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    Sorry to threadhack but does anyone know how to post a new thread? Its been so long I can't remember how. I'm looking to see if any IPs are Sig Sauer distributors that can do CPO sigs. Thanks... Also in Cecil county ricks is like the only option but you can get great help from the gun shop in Essex!

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    I bought my Springfield range officer from freestate gun range. With that said I find their prices to be a little high. Like others have said lou had some for sale that look very good. last time I was in gun connection they had some as well. I would recommend the range officer highly. You may want to see if freestate had one to rent. You can test drive it before you buy.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The Bank Gun and Pawn in Havre de Grace. IP here on MDS. Nice ladies. If they do not have it, they can order it for you.

Diek

Feb 13, 2015
    Baltimore
    I'll throw in my 2 cents and say duffys as well. Not a massive inventory, but everything they have just seems right and not in most gun shops on hand stockpile. Plus the people are just awesome! Free state right behind them, great people there too IMO.

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    I bought almost all mine from Scott's, so I'm a little biased. You will be pleased there.

No matter which one you pick, I think it is better to find one you are comfortable with, and stick with them. I like being known at a place. I think that store looks out for you, on things you may not be sure about. I think it beats the internet, no matter the price.

Good luck with your new purchase.:)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The Bank in HdG is a great choice. Not a huge number in stock, but a nice selection. They always seem to have something I would like to buy. :) And they can and will order anything you want. GOOD people.

Duffy's is well worth the trip. Also great people.

Shooter's Discount, however Lou tends more to police trade ins, but GREAT prices.

2A sales in Jessup have treated me well, however, I have not purchased from them, but I would.

Engage in MoCo is also a good group.

Most of the others I, personally, will not deal with for various reasons.

FeelTheNoise

WTF
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 11, 2015
    Cecil County
    Finally picked up my gun and took it out to FreeState! Thanks to Baltimore's Best Pawn for helping me out, they had a good deal and I had to jump on it. Wish I could support all the local shops but the wallet wouldn't be too happy about it :D. I'll definitely check out some of the other shops for accessories/ammo and future purchases.

And of course I can't give an update without pictures and video:
    [YT]B0WtdHAcBbU[/YT]

Attachments

• angled_1911.jpg
      angled_1911.jpg
      61.6 KB · Views: 183
    • flat_1911.jpg
      flat_1911.jpg
      68.8 KB · Views: 201
    Feb 28, 2013
    Finally picked up my gun and took it out to FreeState! Thanks to Baltimore's Best Pawn for helping me out, they had a good deal and I had to jump on it. Wish I could support all the local shops but the wallet wouldn't be too happy about it :D. I'll definitely check out some of the other shops for accessories/ammo and future purchases.

Nice Springer!:thumbsup:

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Clyde's Sport shop was the only dealer that could get me two Sig P220 Elite Stainless in consecutive serial numbers. I've been doing business with Clyde's since 1983.

FeelTheNoise

WTF
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 11, 2015
    Cecil County
    Damn. Glad you found a good deal! Now I want a 1911! and a Vaquero ;)

Nice Springer!:thumbsup:

I'm relatively new to shooting so I'm probably not experienced enough to notice subtleties between tons of firearms but it shoots great to me, I love it.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! My dad is in the market for a handgun as well so I'll check out some of these shops with him.

WASKIS

Mar 6, 2015
    Charm City

[YT]B0WtdHAcBbU[/YT]

Nice looking gun - I'm looking for something similar myself. What did you get it for, if you don't mind me asking?

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA

[YT]B0WtdHAcBbU[/YT]

Nice pickup.

One thing: ditch the tea cup grip and adopt something more like this. Bring that left hand up and you'll notice a big difference for the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom