• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Just looking at the Savage website and found the new FVSR. Definitely looks cool! Who does not want a short barreled .22 ready for a suppressor. Next question, can you legally own a suppressor in the people's republic?

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Yes. I picked one up yesterday.

Start reading in the NFA/class lll section. There's a lot of good info there about this.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I have a suppressed FV-SR. With subsonics, all you hear is the click of the firing pin dropping, and the bullet hitting the target down range. It always brings a smile.

Several of our IPs can walk you through the process. Duffy's isn't far from you, and all the guys there are helpful. Tyler Firearms is in Catonsville, but not sure they do class 3.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I have a suppressed FV-SR. With subsonics, all you hear is the click of the firing pin dropping, and the bullet hitting the target down range. It always brings a smile.

Several of our IPs can walk you through the process. Duffy's isn't far from you, and all the guys there are helpful. Tyler Firearms is in Catonsville, but not sure they do class 3.

Tyler Firearms? Where are they exactly? Did not know we had a FFL in Catonsville.

Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    I have had my can for 5 or so years, and my fvsr for about 2 years. I sit at the dining room table, crack open the french doors and shoot the groundhogs that take up residence under the shop with it. My wife isn in the living room 8 feet away and cant hear it.

Great gun.

seawolf823

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Dec 18, 2011
    Timonium
    Here is my setup without a suppressor.

Attachments

• IMG_0070.jpg
      IMG_0070.jpg
      56.1 KB · Views: 429
    • 2015-02-24 17.18.54.jpg
      2015-02-24 17.18.54.jpg
      29.6 KB · Views: 509

Panzer Radeo

National Wanderer
    Apr 21, 2014
    The savage MK II stocks are flimsy and suck. No point imo to buy one for the stock. I always replace the stock immediately after bringing it home or if I know I'll be getting one anytime over a month or two, i'll just order the stock ahead of time. I like boyd's. Have about 6 of them on various firearms.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Nice what are the details on this?

1. Boyds "Tacticool" stock - bedded by me.
    2. Meuller 4.5-14x scope (not spending crazy money putting glass on a .22 - it's great for the money, eye relief is the biggest negative)
    3. Blackhawk makes the picatinny piece which attaches to the sling swivel (no drilling required) - it's actually a pretty solid setup that lets me mount my nice (BoBro, forget the model) bipod.
    4. Everything sprayed in FDE Duracoat by me (it's a base for another camo pattern when I get bored one day).
    5. Spectre II suppressor.

I bought one of the FV-SR's threaded to .500". I sent the barrel to Adco (it is removable) and had them thread it to Silencerco o-ring specs.

It's quieter than a pellet gun with subsonics and a laser at 50yds.

With all that said, if I were in the market for a setup like this today, I'd start with the CZ 455 equivalent:

cz-usa-cz-455-tacticool-suppressor-ready.png

89GLH

Jan 26, 2012
    Did all the things SWO said. Best rifle I own, more fun than my AR. Same glass, same stock, same bedding job (done by me). My friends ask to shoot it more than anything else I own, because its so quiet and accurate.

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    I've been looking to get one of the boyds stocks. Where did you guys get yours? I don't know of I have a browser problem, or there's an issue with their site, but boyds directly is not working for me.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I've been looking to get one of the boyds stocks. Where did you guys get yours? I don't know of I have a browser problem, or there's an issue with their site, but boyds directly is not working for me.

I had a hard time finding the too, I will order it if I can find it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom