• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    2 weeks is the norm for a written opinion from a Federal Court? Where did you come up with this "norm"?

It was the repetitious response while we waited for the Woolard decision. One of our memes.

Of course, only the police and military should have memes.

Edit: Damn. All that hair, and a faster keyboard as well. Life's so unfair.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I had a far less complicated issue before this same judge a few years ago and if I recall it still too several months. This matter will be appealed no matter what and is more complicated. Do not get your hopes up for a decision within 2 weeks :) or anytime soon :(

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I had a far less complicated issue before this same judge a few years ago and if I recall it still too several months. This matter will be appealed no matter what and is more complicated. Do not get your hopes up for a decision within 2 weeks :) or anytime soon :(

Two weeks is like "kicking the can": wake up in 2 weeks to check status, go back to sleep, repeat as needed :D

freemd

Jul 20, 2014
    O'Malley wants to be president but when the NRA gets done with telling the country how O'Malley fingerprints law abiding people for exercising their constitutional rights, then the country is going to wonder what he'll do as president, in charge of the FBI, CIA, et. al.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    O'Malley wants to be president but when the NRA gets done with telling the country how O'Malley fingerprints law abiding people for exercising their constitutional rights, then the country is going to wonder what he'll do as president, in charge of the FBI, CIA, et. al.

Wait until they hear about his "Rain Tax."

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Wait until they hear about his "Rain Tax."

He will portray it as something to "bring fairness to the issue" and something that did not affect the average voter ... just "bad people" like you who were "not paying their fair share."

Doesn't that sound like a good thing?

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Actually, the rain tax will kill O'Moron. He's a tax-a-holic who's totally lost touch with reality.

Which is why I hope he's the Democrat nominee.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Never forget the "Flush Tax". No doubt someone will compile a list of all the taxes passed or raised while he was in office but they will have to buy extra long ads just to run a scrolling list.

River Mud

Mar 19, 2013
    Never forget the "Flush Tax". No doubt someone will compile a list of all the taxes passed or raised while he was in office but they will have to buy extra long ads just to run a scrolling list.

Obviously, you already know that the Flush Tax was passed by a Republican governor.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Obviously, you already know that the Flush Tax was passed by a Republican governor.
    Governors do not pass laws; they sign them to place them in the "execution" phase of our system. The legislature, dominated by Democrats whom have rarely met a revenue enhancement they have not liked, passed the law.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Just finished a quick read of the transcript. I am impressed with Mr. Sweeney (and his staff) knowledge and understanding of the topics at hand. While some of the earlier filings/hearings had me concerned, I am now quite encouraged by the Plaintiff's counsel.

Now the wait.

paxfish

Ultimate Member
    Nov 11, 2008
    Culvert & Points West
    He will portray it as something to "bring fairness to the issue" and something that did not affect the average voter ... just "bad people" like you who were "not paying their fair share."

Doesn't that sound like a good thing?

This tax was forced upon us after Maryland watermen sued the EPA For not enforcing the clean water act.

So everybody, please stop poopin'......

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom