• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrWhiteRabbit

Firefighter Gone Awry
    Sep 23, 2007
    I'm finishing my "comfort build", a left-handed AR, and I'm looking for trigger recommendations. Generally, I'd think of a Timney, but I want to know if there's anything better out there. Preferably in the 3lb range, but I'm open to discussion. What do y'all recommend?

Longhammer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 23, 2009
    I have used 3 Timneys and am very satisfied! Each was easy to install and required no special tools. Mine were the 3 lb variety. You might be able to get a trigger job locally that would be cheaper.
    ________
    Roll a joint

Last edited:

boatbiologist

Nov 6, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I love my 3.5# timney. I wouldn't trust it beyond the range. First one would double and triple. Second one from them has a longer reset but is still very short-- short enough to accidentally bumpfire if you don't keep good pressure on the trigger.

If you ever see yourself using this AR as something other than a range toy, I would stick with a standard trigger and have Scott's, Bill Springfield os somebody good polish and lighten it a tad if you're a trigger snob (I am and I did).

Apone

May 1, 2009
    Salida, CO
    Depends on what you want to use it for. Single or double stage? Range gun or fighting gun?

Take a look at the AR build info. thread. If you want a great range gun or competition trigger, Timney is hard to beat. It's single stage only, though. If you want a good carbine course/hard work trigger - I highly recommend the Alexander Arms trigger - another single stage.

I don't use any 2-stage triggers anymore. Nothing wrong with them, just not my preference.

shrpshtrjoe

Aug 10, 2009
    Cecil Co
    I have a 4# Timney in my Colt and love it I'm putting together another Ar ( RRA 20" predator pursuit ) and I'm going to put a 3# Timney in it . Easy to install and a great trigger :thumbsup:

Joe

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    I have a 3# Timney in my CQB carbine and another 3#er in my SBR.
    Both triggers are awesome, and I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    Geissele makes a great trigger if you want a 2-stage.
    If you want a single stage, the Timney is the gold standard.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    This.

The Geissele's I've shot are much nicer then the Timiney I own.

I'll be replaceing the Timiney with a Geissele in the near future. For my standard rifles I still like the RRA 2 stage triggers

I have a Geissele in my REPR and think its one of the better AR triggers out there, i've had experience with the RRA 2 stage, and other standard and after market triggers, but the Geissele is the nicest.

MrWhiteRabbit

Firefighter Gone Awry
    Sep 23, 2007
    I like the Timney I have in my bench gun, but don't know how it would do on an AR. I'm leaning toward a two-stage trigger these days.

Jeez, Canuck, I didn't recognize you with the new avatar. Glad to see you and Jeep agreeing on this! With that kind of recommendation, who can go wrong? :)

cega

BANNED!!!
    Jan 10, 2010
    Just put a 3# Timney in my DPMS 308 earlier today & until work screwed up my plans was going over to Marriottsville to try it out. Looks like tomorrow afternoon is going to be the test day but it sure felt nice, especially compared to the clunky, crappy stock trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom